She's Awake!!!!

John's POV

Its been months now since Loni was shot and in a coma, the girls ask why mommy is like sleeping beauty and it gets hard. Toya beat the woman to death with her bare hands. You couldn't tell what she looked like after the fight. We lit her body on fire after and the guy moved.

I am currently at the hospital now taking care of Loni ash she slept.
"Baby please wake up, we miss you." I spoke softly like i do everyday to her, except this time i felt a squeeze on my hand. I looked at her face surprised smiling in tears.

"Love, if you can hear me squeeze my hand." Getting the same response i buzzed for her doctors. "Now Loni I need you to try and open your eyes for me, please, for me, our bambinos, our little bambino growing in you now, please." I begged as i could see her face scrunching up as she pried her eyes open after a few minutes, tears streamed down my face as i pulled her in for a deep kiss just as the nurse walked in.

"You buzzed sir?" She asked before dropping her clip board seeing that Loni was up, she ran out of the room getting the doctor. Loni pointed to the pitcher of water that was sitting next to her bed.

"Here you go love."

"Thank you baby, what happened? The last thing i remember is being at the park with the kids and nene."

"You were shot in the back three times  they almost lost you. Between us, Toya has fully earned my trust and respect." I told her as she looked confused. "She beat the bitch who did this to you." She smiled before it slowly faded off her face replaced with worry as soon as the doctor and nurse walked back in.

"I can't feel my legs." She panicked as the doctor rushed over checking her legs for feeling but she kept shaking her head no."

"Ma'am I won't know til we do some test but I think the bullet any have hit your spinal cord leaving you paralyzed.

LONI'S POV

Paralyzed? That word rang in my head as the came running test on me, John stayed by my side the whole time but I know he is worrying just as much as me. After hours of testing the doctor finally walked back in the room with a conflicted face.

"Well I have quite a bit of news, for starts, you'll be released today. Now with your legs, you should regain feeling in them in a few months but aa of actually walking, I'm sorry to tell you, but the bullet hit your spine in the worse spoke cutting off movement to your legs." He spoke as i processed everything. I'd never be able to chase my kids around the house or dance with them. I'll never get ro dance with John at our wedding.

"I'm broken." I said before finally breaking down.

"No you're not. We'll get through this together. Don't worry I got your back like you got mine."