Chapter 33

"America, this isn't a party. It's just the two of us here," England told him exasperated.

"Well it's a party for two then! Anyways, let's go!" America said, bouncing up and down excitedly. Whether he was excited for the snacks, or the movie and video games, England would never know.

"Would you like to start with games first, or a movie? I'm fine with either," America said, his eyes shining with joy.

"We can start with your games if you'd like," the green eyed nation told him.

"Alright! I'm just gonna go get it loaded up then! Feel free to make yourself comfortable!" the blue eyed nation told him as he went to the consoles located under the tv.

Walking over to the couch, England sat himself down awkwardly and put his tea down on the coffee table in front of him. He took a few pieces of popcorn and slowly ate them as he watched America fumble with the controllers.

"Okay, here's your controller, and here's mine! I've got control over player 1, and you're my player number two!"

"I did not just say that to him."

America sat down next to England with some space in between them. A pillow was located beside both of them on the opposite sides of the couch. A blanket was draped over both of their laps.

"Okay," England said slowly, trying to get a grasp on what he was suppose to do. "Erm, what do all of these buttons do?"

America looked over, before deciding on what to do.

"So I could just tell him the buttons and what they do without showing him the proper combinations of button mashing. Or..."

He leaned over and gently put England's fingers in the right spot. They both blushed lightly at the contact as America continued his process. "This finger goes here, and the finger goes here. You hit these buttons together to create this combination, and then these buttons to do this action," he explained, avoiding eye contact with England.

"T-thanks," England stuttered lightly, not expected the contact made with America. America pulled away, albeit slowly with hesitation.

"W-well, let's get started on this quest together!"

As the game continued on, America mostly shouted for him and England. He was shocked at how well the other was doing. "You're doing great, England!"

"Thanks..."

Eventually, they finished the game together, without any struggles. Surprisingly, their teamwork was good.

"That was fun!" America grinned, stretching his back out. England followed suit, though slower. "You wanna do a movie now?"

The runaway nodded, and rested his controller on the coffee table as the other country did the same. America got up and put in a random movie with England's consent. The clock on the wall read 5:00PM as the small hand ticked with each second. As the movie continued slowly, England found himself getting drowsier and drowsier. America watched as the other country's head steadily drooped over and over again as he fought the sleep. In the end, England lost the battle with sleep, his body dropping to the side. His body collided with America's shoulder as his head landed on America's shoulder. America winced slightly at the impact before turning slightly to look at the slumbering nation, trying not to wake the other up.

"UM, UM UM. What do I do? He. Is. Sleeping. On. Me...I am not prepared for this. Do I let him be? Do I bring him upstairs? It's only 7:00...I guess he does need the rest...or should I leave him here, on my shoulder and leaning on me?" he thought, panicking.

He looked over at England once again, a gentle smile coming to his face at the sight of sleeping nation.

"He looks so peaceful sleeping like that. I'll just leave him there. I don't have the heart to move him right now."

Unconsciously, America found himself scooting closer to England, the two fully touching side to side. Warm contact was made as England unknowingly smiled in his sleep. Feeling a gentle kiss on his forehead, he snuggled in closer to the source of warmth. A faint whisper passed by in his dreams.

"Good night, England. I hope you have nice dreams."

So this is going up earlier than usual. That's because right now, I'm 15 hours ahead of the time I'm usually in. So it's either I post it early on Friday or don't upload it on Friday. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter, and the final one of this week! Some of the things I wrote in the chapter were a bit awkward for me, but kind of necessary.
See ya at the next update!
- Starlite

Also, this? Wow?!