Chapter 2

"England...he's run away..."

"But why would he do that?" America asked.

"I don't know," France said softly, with worry in his accent.

The countries walked out of England's house with America holding the note in his hand. Making it outside, the countries paused to figure out what to do.

"But why would England think no one cares?" Italy asked concerned, without his usual pep.

All of the countries stood there thinking, with none of them hearing the footsteps behind them.

"I think we know why," an unknown voice said behind them.

Behind the seven countries stood two males. They were Romania and Norway.

Romania was a medium height with shaggy, strawberry blonde hair. He had red eyes and a small fang on the left side of his mouth. On the top of his head sat a small top hat with two long ribbons coming out of it. He wore a red coat.

Norway was slightly taller than Romania, though not by a lot. He had short, light blonde hair with a detached hair curl floating next it. His eyes were a dull blue and he wore a Nordic Cross barrette in his hair. He wore a belted, navy blue sailor top with a lighter blue collar and tie, as well as matching pants and a sailor hat.

The seven countries turned to face Romania and Norway.

"We think that England has been feeling extremely sad and down," Romania said sadly, looking at the ground.

"But why would England feel that way?" America asked, trying to get a grasp of the situation.

"We don't have much of an idea about why," Norway said with a hint of worry in his deadpan tone.

"Well, we should go after him!" America said anxiously, wanting to find the missing country.

Out of all of the countries, America was probably the most worried. He was one of the closest countries to England. At least, before the Revolution he was.

"But what if he wants to be by himself?" Italy asked sadly.

"We still need to go find him! What if something were to happen to him? What about the dangers out there?" America said frantically.

"It looks like someone is worried about Angleterre," France smirked.

America started sputtering in protest when Germany interrupted them.

"Both of you, quiet down! We need to focus on what to do now, and stop meddling with other affairs," yelled Germany sternly.

"Now we need to figure out where England went and why. We don't have the specific reason of why he is depressed. We need to get him back because one, he's a country, two, he's important, and three, even if you don't believe it yourself, we all care about him," Germany said authoritatively.

At this, all of the countries looked down. It may not seem like it based on how they treated him sometimes, but the Englishman had made a spot in their hearts.