Chapter 42

"So, what's next?" America asked England.

Suddenly, a rumbling noise cut off England before he could say anything. The rumbling noise wasn't from the nauseating roller coasters from around them, but instead from the stomach of a certain nation. A red tint appeared on England's face as he looked away, ignoring the smile on America's face.

"Well, in that case, I know what to do next!" he chuckled.

His eyes darted behind England as he spotted something in the far distance. As sky blue eyes brightened from the sight of the stand, his smile grew even more.

"Wait here! I'll be back before you even get to shout at me for leaving you behind next to this bench," he rushed out as he sprinted off.

England smiled softly at the country's usual attitude before choosing to sit down on the bench next to him.

"I wonder what he saw that made him rush off like that. But then again, knowing that idiot, he could rush off if he saw a stand selling rocks with googly eyes."

He looked up at the night sky with the stars twinkling merrily at him. His peridot eyes softened slightly as he thought about all he had done with America. A tiny smile emerged once again as he continued thinking about the other nation. Flashbacks of what they had done together started reviewing themselves in England's brain.

America trying to get him out of his room...Canada coming by and being better than his brother at talking to England...

The restaurant...baking cookies and succeeding at making them...

Spirit and England being the horse whisperer...him proceeding to get sick afterwards...

Gaming and movies with awkward moments...

The great duck menace known as the great US of A...

And now...tonight. The carnival.

A sudden melancholy washed over England as a thought came back to him.

"I told myself one more day. I would spend one more day with America until I left."

Tears started welling up in his eyes as his heart started to fight with his brain.

"I want to stay with him so much! It's been so long since I've actually spent time with him. And this is the only way I can be close to him. Stuck with him until he decides to let me go. But it's still interaction with him! I don't want to lose him...I can't lose him again. I've loved all of the time I've gotten to spend with him, and I don't want to let it go. I want to be selfish, selfish for myself. My heart says to stay with him, never let him go. Promise to stay with him and leave only for country affairs. But my heart is delusional. He would never feel the same way as me."

Slow drops of water were making their way into the fabric of his jeans. They faded in with the dark material of his jeans, as if they were never there.

"My brain tells me to run. To run and never look back. Don't let my own suffering start to suffocate him as well. Insecurities aren't contagious and the should stay that way. He's a bright light in this world. A bright light that shouldn't be snuffed out from the never ending darkness. He's wasted enough time on me."

If he focused enough, the nation could see the other talking animatedly with a stand owner, a giant grin on his face. The tears started dropping more and more along with his resolve to stay with the one he truly cared for. A sad smile came over him as he knew what he had to do.

"Don't be selfish."

Out of curiosity, how many of you own a Nintendo Switch and have Mario Kart 8 Deluxe? If you do have a Switch, are you going to get Splatoon 2? Since I don't know when this update is coming out(says the author who finished writing this on Monday night), either you have it or are going to be getting it. Also, do any of you have a 3DS? Gaming aside, I hope everyone is doing well during this summer! If you're starting school soon or are still in it, good luck and have fun! That is, if you can have fun in school.
See ya at the next update!
- Starlite