Chapter 27

America arrived downstairs after his 'eventful' phone call wth Germany. Walking into the living room, he spotted England on the couch lying down. He appeared to be asleep, though his eyes opened as America moved in front of him.

"Are you still tired?" America asked him concerned. He stared at England, worried that the Brit may have not been getting enough sleep since his arrival at the American's house.

"No, don't worry. I was just resting my eyes," England said softly, looking away from America.

"Well in that case then, don't worry about not resting your eyes right now! I'm going to go get breakfast ready for us! Any special requests?" America asked England, cheering up after his response.

"Anything's fine with me. Go with what you want. Don't fret over me."

America shrugged and walked back over to the kitchen. He prepared the meal quickly for the two of them, putting the servings down on the kitchen table.

"England!" he called to the country. "Breakfast is ready!"

England came walking into the kitchen, his footsteps light and soft. He pulled the chair out from under the table and took a seat. Waiting for America to start eating first, he made an effort to eat some of his food.

"So whadda ya want to do today?" America asked with some food still in his mouth.

England made no move to scold him, instead focusing on moving his food around his plate and taking small bites.

"I'll be fine with anything," he compliantly to America.

"Hmm," America thought out loud. "Well since we went out yesterday, how about we stay in today? I managed to get us out of going to any World Meetings, so we're free to do anything we want!"

"Because I'm basically under house arrest," England thought slightly bitterly, upset at him probably being a nuisance to America.

"Ooh! I have an idea! How about we make cookies!" America said excitedly, bouncing in his chair at the thought of the delicious confections.

England simply nodded his head, deciding to go with the hyper nation.

As they cleaned up after breakfast, America swiftly moved around the kitchen, getting all the ingredients out onto the counter. He pulled out a sheet from one of the drawers, listing all the ingredients and steps.

Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 stick of salted butter, very soft
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Equipment:
• Large bowl
• Mixing spoon
• Measuring cups
• Measuring spoons
• Baking sheet
• Cooling racks

Steps:
1. Preheat the oven to 375°. Spray the cookie sheet with nonstick spray or you can use a liner.

2. Mix together the two sugars. Be sure to break apart any hard chunks of brown sugar and get the two sugars fully mixed.

3. Mix the softened butter into the sugar in globs.

4. Mix in the eggs one at a time. Crack the eggs directly into the bowl with the butter-sugar mix, and then use your spoon to lightly beat the eggs before stirring them into the butter and sugar.

5. Measure and mix in the vanilla, salt, and baking soda. Mix the batter as much as possible right now.

"And so on and so on," America told England, choosing not to read the rest of the recipe. "Don't worry, the recipe is more so there to make sure we're doing everything correctly. I've made these before, but it's a been a looooong time!" he said perkily.

England stared at America, nodding slightly.

"All right! Let's get to baking then!" America cheered, fist pumping in the air.

"Alright, first, after preheating the oven, we have to mix the two sugars. Could you go measure the two sugars, England?"

England raised an eyebrow, not expecting America to trust him with cooking.

"Don't worry! I believe in you!"

England, feeling slightly reassured, went over to the ingredients and measured the sugars. Hoping it was right, he brought them back over to America.

"Okay! Now we have to mix them together! I already have the butter here and melted so we don't have to worry!"

England stood by, watching as America mix together the items eagerly. He didn't know America had a...passion for baking. Or maybe he just liked eating sweets.

"K, England, could you go and measure the vanilla, salt, and baking soda this time? The spoons are around the cups as well. I'll work on cracking the eggs!" America asked England politely.

Once again, England travelled back over to the utensils for measuring. Doing what he did before, he brought them over to America. And he totally didn't spill that much when measuring! He'd probably have to clean that up later.

"Thanks dude!" America said gleefully, getting pumped up about baking cookies. He mixed the new ingredients into the batter. He double checked the list of steps before asking England to get another item.

"This time, could you get the flour?"

Grabbing the bag of flour, he found it weighing him down by quite a bit. He struggled, trying to lift it up in his arms. Glancing over, America noticed the difficulties England was having.

"Oh! Here, let me get that!" America walked over and picked up the flour with ease. Measuring it out with expertise, he put it into the mixture.

Turning around to put it away, he ended up bumping into England. The flour pooled into the air, spraying the kitchen floor and themselves with it in the dry powder.

"Peh!" they said at the same time, coughing up bursts of flour. They watched as the cloud of flour floated around before dissipating into the air.

England looked at America and snickered, not being able to help himself. America smiled gently, briefly, before retorting humorously to England.

"Hey! You don't look much better yourself!" America said, pointing a finger at England's face. He leaned in and swiped some flour off England's cheek.

"See! You had some on your cheek! And a lot on other places of your face. But anyways, let's get back to baking!" America said hurriedly after realising the action he did. He turned away, lightly blushing at how close he had gotten to England.

England in turn was also blushing. They both ignored it though, focusing more on the cookies. The cookies ended up looking nice as they came out. And they weren't burnt either.

"Yay!" America said joyfully. "Cookies!"

So I'm updating this now because it would have been updated at 9 or 10 at night so yeah. I did get the steps, ingredients and utensils from a website, so I can't take credit for that,
See ya at the next update!
- Starlite