Chapter 15

Canada's POV

After America had left to Germany, I finally got some silence. Sure I loved having him around, but peace and quiet was nice as well. When he told me England ran away, I wasn't as surprised as I should have been. Sure, England wasn't always like this back then. He had always been a strong nation, even when his country lost power. But for the past few meetings you could see the will to keep going was slowly fading from his eyes.

As I was about to start eating my pancakes, my phone rang. Recognising the ringtone, I quickly picked up my phone.

"Hello. Canada speaking. What's going on America? You only just left this morning."

"Hey bro! Hope I'm not interrupting anything too important!"

I sighed, looking at the plate of pancakes I was about to eat. I guess I'll have to wait to eat them then...I suppose America would have something important if he was calling me so soon. Pushing my plate away, I put the phone on speaker and prepared for what seemed to be a long talk.

"No, you aren't interrupting anything. Aren't you suppose to be in Germany right now with everyone else?" I questioned him, wondering why he was calling me.

"Well about that...I'm actually back in America right now," he told me as a wrapper rustled from the phone.

"What're you doing in America?"

"Funny thing. Before that I was actually just in Romania." I could practically see him rubbing the back of his head.

I sighed, wondering what kind of antics my brother had gotten into this time.

"Would you like to explain America? What exactly happened after you left?" I asked him, staring down at the phone even though he couldn't see me.

"Well, it's a bit of a long story," a rough sheepish laugh came from the phone's speaker, "but short story short is that England was located in Romania. So we went there, tried to shoot England, failed, chased him down, tackled him, shot him, watched him nearly get away again and now he's just chilling on my couch."

I just blinked a couple of times, trying to absorb the information spat at me.

"On second thought America, maybe the long story will work a bit better."

After a long explanation, I sighed at what happened with everyone else.

"So England is staying with you right now?" I asked him, wanting to double check.

"Yep! Just on my couch, sleeping, and not waking up."

"So how are you going to deal with him?"

"I was going to interrogate him until he cracks, but somehow I feel like you're gonna protest against that Canada."

I rolled my eyes at his typical answer.

"I can tell you right now, America,  that your way of getting him to open isn't going to work. For one, he's too stubborn and for two, if he's tried this hard to get away from you guys, what makes you think some interrogation is going to work?" I told him sensibly.

"Yeah, I guess you're right bro," he said abashed.

"He's going to be defensive or withdrawn," I warned him, "it's not going to be easy to get him to spill the reasons."

A sigh came from the phone as America dejectedly agreed.

"I know. I wish that he could just tell me what's going on. It just hurts, ya know? Just seeing him without his usual snap just kinda saddens me. I actually miss his grouchy self. It may not have been the best personality sure, but that's who he really is. That's what I like about him," America sighed, seeming to be in a daze while speaking of England.

Huh, that's really sappy. He's really in deep.

"Well think about this America. Even before that he's never been too open with his feelings before. You're really going to have be determined to get him to trust you enough," I reminded him.

"I know, I know. If anything, you can trust the hero to get to the bottom of this!" he chirped.

Well he sprung up rather quickly.

"Just, try not to overwhelm him with your feelings. Okay?"

"Don't worry about it! Just wanted to tell you what was going on! Iggy's probably gonna wake up soon. Better get going! See ya later dude!" he cheerfully bid me.

"Same to you then America. Good luck."

I ended the call, putting my down next to my now cold pancakes. Staring down at them, I had a sudden realisation.

"England's going to have a fun time with America."

Thank you guys for over 700 reads! Updates may be slow next month so I apologise in advance for that! The book at this rate will probably end in December or January if I go back to every other week.
See ya at the next update!
- Starlite