18. Miracle

Isabella's POV

Not edited - Not proofread

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FÛCK?"

"Benjamin calm down." I chuckled and pulled him back on his seat. "We already knew he was in the Mafia, it's not a shocker that he killed someone." I told him and his wide eyes didn't change their state.

"FRANK HAS A DAD?" He stood back up, holding his head with both of his hands. Then suddenly his eyes were not widened anymore as he shook his head as if he corrected himself. He dropped his hands down."No, I mean," Just when I thought he was finally calm, "ADRIAN KILLED FRANK'S DAD?" He shouted and I pulled him back down on the couch.

"Yes, oh my God Benjie you're overreacting." I gave him a look and he straightened his back.

"Okay, okay I'm fine now." He took a breath and nodded.

"Good, can I go on?" I asked.

"Yes." He answered so I went on telling him the rest of the story.

"He also has a room full of guns-"

"HOLY SHIT!" Benjamin exclaimed, standing up.

"I swear- Benjie shut the fûck up and listen to me for Christ's sake!" I pulled his arm and made him sit back down as hard as I could that he shut up immediately.

"Okay sorry, I'm listening." He looked like a third year old child. He acted like one too, but I loved him nonetheless. He was the only person who stuck by me through everything, he was the only one I trusted before Adrian came into the picture. Benjamin was the big brother I never had and I knew I had a different place in his life when his other friends were considered. Even his ex boyfriends were sometimes jealous of our friendship.

He was a good listener, and a great adviser. So I went on and told him everythig as we sat in his house, drinking coffee.

It was dark outside by the time I was finished with the work on my laptop that Adrian had sent me a while ago. He had apologized at the end of the mail, since he knew I was with a friend. But I had texted him that it was okay, and that I loved my job very much. So I was finally done with it and decided to check the time. I pressed the home button of my iPhone that the holding had given me and saw that it was 06:23 pm. Then something under the time caught my eyes. I looked at the date, confused.

"Benjie," I called him. I had to yell since he was in the kitchen preparing meal for himself. I had told him that I was going to go have dinner with Adrian outside so that I wouldn't eat.

"Yes, Bells?" He yelled back.

"Is it the 3rd today?" I asked, wanting to make sure since no one could trust these machines. Or more like I just wanted it to be wrong.

"Yes, why?" He asked as he came back into the living room with some food.

My face paled. No, I said to myself. I was just being paranoid. There could be so many other explanations for this. It was just a few days late. Just a week.

"Nothing." I faked a smile. "I was just curious."

Before he could question me anymore, the ringing of my phone was heard. I leaned to reach it and answered it without looking at the caller ID.