15. Don't Leave

Isabella's POV

Not edited - Not proofread

I was shaking by the time we arrived at the huge building. My mind was a mess and my self esteem was getting lower as I got closer to his office.

A new secretery was replaced with Cher, not really a surprise since she was you know, dead.

She had told me that he was in a meeting and that I could wait in his office, so I did just that.

I got up the elevator and walked down to his office, taking a quick glance at my old one. Nothing was replaced, everything was in the same order since I had been gone. There weren't anyone inside either.

It warmed my heart that he hadn't given up on me just yet. Because I sure hadn't given up on him.

I opened his office's door and stepped inside. His fresh cologne hit my senses and I couldn't help but inhale the delightful scent deeply. I went on and sat on one of the chairs in front of his desk, I placed my bag on his the desk and started twiddling my thumbs, regretting that I had left Benjamin in the car. It would be so much comfortable if he was here.

I tried to calm my nerves as I waited patiently, thinking about what to say to him first, or what to do when he came in.

Should I hug him? Shake his hand, or do nothing?

I decided on doing nothing since it seemed like the best choice.

After two minutes, my anxiety kicked in very slightly. I started doubting if I looked beautiful or at least good enough. My hair felt sticky even though I had just showered in te morning. My palms were sweaty and I felt like my whole makeup (which was just mascara and lio gloss) was running off. I started doubting the rightness my desicion of coming here. Maybe I shouldn't have made the first move.

Not knowing what to do, stood up, planning on leaving the building as soon as possible until I bumped into a hard, familiar chest just as I opened the door.

"Planning on leaving, I see." Adrian said, sounding tired as hell.

His husky voice sent chills down my spine, and our close proximity wasn't helping at all.

My breathing got faster and faster as he kept looking at me with his intense eyes. Looking into his eyes was like gazing at a hazel sky. It mesmerized me, really, how charming a person could be.

I shook my head, getting out of my trance and took a deep breath. I finally opened my mouth to speak. "I'm here to talk to you," I said, stepping back and sitting back on the chair.

He didn't sit on his actual chair but sat right in front of me, never breaking the eye contact.

"I want answers. I want to know why you... you kill-"

"Please don't Bella, don't say that." The hurtful expression in his eyes made a tear slip from my eye.

"Adrian I can't do this. I don't even know who you are, I don't know who am I in love with. Is Adrian even your real name? I need answers, I can't keep up with this anymore..." I talked with silent tears sliding off my cheeks.

Adrian leaned forward on his chair. "I know you need answers and I will give them all to you. Just... I want you to forgive me, I want you to come back and never leave again. I need you in my life Bella." He stood up and I did the same, walking closer to him. "I can't, I just can't live without you. Your scent, the sound of your heels clicking on the floor of our house every morning, your hugs, your kisses, your everything. I need you Bella, I love you so much. Don't leave me."

I lost the control over my body's reactions. I took a fast step and slammed my mouth on his, feeling my body relax immediately at his touch.

He kissed me back without hesitation. We showed each other how much love we held inside, how much we missed being like this through the kiss.

His lips were smooth, unlike his cheeks. He hasn't shaved. Though it felt absolutely amazing. He looked, he smelled, he felt absolutely perfect.

A jolt of electricity ran through my body as he dived his tongue in. He explored and I let him, loving the sensation it brought.

God I missed him.

All my doubts were gone and I was sure that I would love this man no matter what.

"I love you too much Bella. Promise me you won't leave me again, even when you hear what I have to say." Adrian said as he broke the kiss slowly, making me crave for his lips even more.

"I love you too Adrian, and yeah, I promise."

***

We sat on the sofa in his house (more like mansion), my head on his chest and his one arm around my shoulders.

After we had gotten out of the holding, I called Benjamin, telling him that I was going to go with Adrian. He had been overly happy about it, and of course, hadn't hung up before telling his dirty jokes and squeling like a maniac.

"Are you hungry?" Asked Adrian after a long hour of slience.

"A little. I can cook some meat if you want? Or maybe spaghetti?" I offered, tilting my head to look at him.

He looked more peaceful than when I had seen him this morning. Though his eyes still had bags under it, he was skinnier and his hair was messy.

How in the earth can he look sexy as hell even though he hasn't eaten shît, hasn't slept or hasn't shaved?

"No, you sit here. I'll cook, you look tired." With that he stood up, but I took his hand so he stopped.

"I look tired? Have you seen yourself Adrian? You need to get some rest and eat. Please, let me just take care of you. You've always taken care of me, I never had the chance to do the same to you." I said softly. A broken smile formed on his face.

"What did I do to deserve you?" With that, he pulled me up and kissed me gently. The kiss was not harsh and passionate, just caring and slow, showing affection.

I pulled back after a while, his taste still lingering in my mouth. "Lay down, get some sleep. I'll wake you up when the food is ready and we can talk about everything while we eat. Okay?"

He pecked me on my lips and nodded. "Okay."

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

I'm gonna die this chapter is cheesy af.

Though it's ok because this couple can be as cheesy as they want to be.

Finals are approaching and the stress is unbearable but oh well...

Please vote and comment!! <3

Love you :*