16. Story

Adrian's POV

Not edited - Not proofread

"Adrian... Wake up baby, come on..." I heard the delicate whispering of a sweet angel. My muscles relaxed at the sound. The tension left my body. For the first time in this week I felt myself loosen up and slowly opened my eyes to see the most beautiful creature in front of me.

She smiled widely when she saw me waking up.

God she is so fûcking beautiful.

Her alluring smile made my lips curve and soon we were gazing at each other without making a single noise or without moving a muscle.

I was the worst lover she could possibly have, why did she love me? She deserved better, so much better. But I was too selfish to let her be with someone else. If needed, I would become better than ever, better than anyone she could ever find.

Because this sweet little angel was mine and I would do whatever it took for her to be happy.

"Come on, let's eat." She said and stood up, ending our eye contest. She pulled my hand along with her, making no progress in getting me to stand up. So I chuckled and got up from the couch. I hugged her tightly then threw my arm over her shoulder and we both went to the dinner table.

We both sat down on the table where a bunch of food that both smelled and looked delicious were waiting for us to eat them. So we waisted no time in digging right in.

After some time, each of our plates were empty and stomachs were full.

"That was delicious." I complimented her cooking skills, making her blush very sligtly and thank me in response before we fell into silence.

The silence brought tension to the room. I got nervous all of a sudden, knowing what was about to happen next.

"Will you..." She trailed off. "Will you tell me now? I mean, everything?" Her voice was low, like she really didn't want to have this conversation. But we both knew we needed to have it, so there was no other chance but getting it over with.

"Alright but please, don't forget your promise. I can't think of a life without you." I warned, more like begged her.

I had never told anyone my story before. I was afraid of the reactions I could get. I was afraid that people would hate me if I ever told them about my past, about who I really was. So it was pretty hard for me to open up to Bella. But... But she was Bella after all. I knew for a fact that the woman I loved unconditionally wouldn't judge me. She was the first person to ever really love me, and she was the first person to earn my trust without even trying.

"I won't, I can't." She answered almost immediatly. Her words put me in relief so I took a deep breath and started to tell her my story.

"I was about ten years old when I saw my mother get killed right in front of my eyes." I looked at Bella, expecting to see that pitying look I hated. But I was surprised once I saw no trace of pity in her eyes. They were filled with intense curiosity, encouragment and love.

So I continued. "My dad was diagnosed with cancer when I was seven. I loved my dad, I adored him. He was involved in mafia, he was the leader after all. They called him The King. I never liked that nickname. I never liked the fact that there were people other than me who looked up to him. He was my idol, and I didn't appreciate it when others thought that he was their idol also. Stupid I know, but I just adored him too much.

"He died after two years of fighting, and I felt like my whole life had collapsed. My mom was a mess and she just tried to stay strong for my health.