Equilibrium Amongst Factions

Începe de la început

Tense, Lothar's eyes swept from one side of the room to the other. Registering everyone had in fact come. Each race and dignitary accounted for. Even hanging behind Taria in her assigned chair stood Khadgar. Brown eyes set forward on the King as the Guardian kept the composure both King and Queen had asked him to keep. Drifting from the young man Lothar still felt he could throttle, Lothar's eyes met with his sister's. Taria as elegant and poised like the first time she stood beside Llane in the same room. Taking some of his sister's confidence Lothar took in a slow breath and reminded himself of the scared woman behind the door not twenty feet away he knew needed to find a home in Stormwind like he'd promised her. Shouldering all he knew from watching Llane, Lothar took his steps into the middle of the gathering.

"First off, let me thank you all for coming on such short notice!" Turning to look directly at each part of the congregation individually, Lothar felt the eyes bearing down on him, "I wish this kind of attendance was regular with our meetings."

The joke he cracked got a snicker here and there but mostly nothing. It was plainly obvious on everyone's face that each one had a rumor that must have circulated in regards to the meeting. Defusing the tense atmosphere was pointless.

"Yes, well, I wish it was such pleasantries I could say that brings us together on this day," addressing further, Lothar made his way to the empty seat besides Taria, "It brings me gross displeasure to admit that we here in Stormwind were under attack from a suspicious band sent by Gul'dan to-"

"The Legion!"

"I told ye' trouble was-!"

"Gul'dan, here?!"

Hysterics broke within each faction calling out its suspicions all at once. The one reaction Lothar nor Taria wanted but had expected.

"Quiet now! This was an attempt- An attempted only people!" Rising from her chair Taria waved her arms out over the crowd in one foul swoop. "This was an attempt and everyone knew this was coming!"

"When was this!? Why aren't we thinking about an army instead of sitting around?!" Shrill babbling came from one of the female priests seated amongst her elven patrons.

"Ye' elves are right, when did this attack happen??" dwarves buzzed in agreement with their ruler's inquiry.

A heavy breathe left Lothar as he rose from his seat, "Settle down! This is non sense. The attempt was over a week ago and I repeat, it was failed! These wretches were wiped from Stormwind!"

"A week?!" all hell broke loose when the date hit each individuals ears. Elves, humans and dwarves alike crying for fortification to their own cities as well as their right to be presented with such knowledge way before a meeting a week after.

"What gall does Stormwind have waiting seven days?!"

"A week! A week to wait to tell us this!"

"Who's to say our cities aren't suffering the same we need-"

"ENOUGH!" crashing a closed fist to the table Lothar's voice rang out in the dribble coming from each concerned ruler. Quelling the noise into low mutters and eyes directed towards the standing King, Lothar shifted his eyes out to the group while he stood back erect before the gathering, "It is done, this meeting is not about the attack. Squabbling over resources for failed invasions we all recognize would happen during this war," Shifting verdant eyes to each single portion of the alliance solidified the silence that fell one race, the King satisfied with the quietness, "This lashing out from Gul'dan has provided more than the knowledge that we know those beasts are still out there. We have insight to Gul'dan."

Darting a look over to Khadgar, Lothar nodded to the mage who took his signal. Turning to the closed door that normally stayed locked when the council was in, Khadgar had been passed the keys to the small alcove before him and Lothar spilt ways to the meeting. Rustling with the iron metals he was able to produce a clean click and eased the door open.