Our Misunderstanding

Meandering over the countryside had alleviated part of Fain's fretful thoughts about her next steps now that the woman's gut instinct were right to Khadgar's location. Presently was the fight Fain couldn't decide on a winner as to what she should act upon. All the woman desired was to feel his embrace and feel the same welcoming giddiness she'd been experiencing up until now. That wasn't the case coming to terms, it was her actions that drove the wedge between both spell casters.

Opening her beak wide, Fain's owl form felt a sense of a relief as she straightened her crop and the bird's gullet settled. Ruffling all of the speckled dark feathers so they could lay back down sleekly on the avian's body with not a single fringe out of place, grand eyes followed with a swiveling head.

Roosted across from Karazhan's main spire, keen talons looped around the mossy branch and kept the bird's heavy body linked to the tree even as it's head rotated around surveying the area. Fain lost in her own conjunction of thoughts didn't stir in her flight form even as the evening breeze picked up. Albeit her raptor form was as sensitive to the five senses as her human form was, it offered a refuge more than not with the disconnect being out of her two legged body in return for a magic synthesis of sorts giving her the body of an adult great grey owl.

The light at the very top of Karazhan brought Fain's mind to refocus with her stray mind. A flicker of the eyes and Fain questioned how late it ended up being now that the sun was gone but it's last rays struggled to light the sky the moon was taking over. Late enough that Khadgar illuminated the study. In a passing thought she questioned if he did so in case she needed a beacon to fly towards.

That wishful thinking was tossed aside as feathered wings elongated to nearly triple the raptor's body in one swift motion those talons retracted and Fain gently glided off the tall tree branch. Spring currents above the outcropping left nothing but a smooth wafting open winged flight down to ground level. Weather was something Fain insisted to remember to ask about, the gentle nature of this season Khadgar referred to as 'Spring' was quite intriguing since Fain hadn't any recollection of living in anything but barred and dry desert. Noted once more she hoped someone would be able to answer her questions about seasons and weather if she was to remain on this world.

One click on the stone and the owl's feathery wings contorted over it's body and Fain amassed into the pitch black blob as she'd done many times before. The nothingness as one transformed became second nature to the warlock as the out of body experience was one in the same when it came to regaining a human form.

Rising from the ground like it was first nature Fain looked up now. Even though she could not see past the multiple balconies and stone work of the building Fain still knew Khadgar's fire was keeping the mage warm as spring days gave way to chill spring nights. Trailing back into the lightless library of Karazhan's lowest level, Fain was cutting it close as the stone walls and windows did not allow for a massive amount of natural lighting.

Drifting further into the space trying to orient herself with what she'd been in before, Fain made it to the middle of the dimming room. The vantage point directed her back to the spiral staircase she easily spotted. Coming around a bookcase Fain ran through the list of items she'd brought with her, those willing and unwilling at the insistence of both King and Queen. That chore was jacked when Fain saw all of her satchel had been filched.

All of it but the little lantern Taria elected she bring and a blue blanket she didn't recall taking. Stepping closer Fain squinted in the dreary lighting under the staircase and recognize the blanket wasn't a blanket at all. In fact it was Khadgar's robe. Wrinkling her eyebrows Fain was sure she did not bring the man's cape with her and there was no chance Lothar or Taria snuck it past her.

Approaching the violated space Fain thought she secured, it was the cloak she picked up first. Mulling her thumbs over it she felt a cold metal against her thumb. Uncovering it Fain was surprised seeing his brooch on the neckline of the piece of clothing.