Chapter 2

When I got to school the next day Rachel was waiting by my locker. As I got closer she saw me and smiled.

"Hey." I said as I walked up to her.

"I talked to Mr.Schue this morning and he wants you to audition for everyone before first period. Everyone is already waiting in the auditorium." she beamed.

"I thought I would have to wait until next week. Do you think I'm ready?" I asked dreading the answer.

"Hell yes, I think your ready! He wants to get it over with because if you do make it he wants to change your schedule before you get use to it." she explained.

"Okay, if you think I'm ready lead the way." I said as I shut my locker door.

The auditorium was bigger than I thought. There were 12 people staring at me as I walked on stage, I tried not to look at faces.

"What will you be singing for us today?" Mr.Schue asked.

"Torn by Natalie Imbruglia." I said as the music started playing.

I put everything I had into every word of the song. By the time I looked up, everyone had tears in their eyes.

I looked to Rachel with pleading eyes. She wiped the tears from her eyes and gave me two thumbs up. Mr.Schue cleared his throat and wiped his eyes.

"Okay, if you would stand in the hall while we take a vote please." he asked.

"Okay." I said as I walked out.

The moment I made it to the hallway I ran to the bathroom. I vomited as soon as the stall door closed.

When I walked out of the bathroom Rachel was looking out the auditorium door. When she saw me she ran to me.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"Yeah I'm fine I must have eaten something bad for breakfast." I lied.

"They want to speak to you." she said.

I walked back on stage.

"Okay let me ask you one question before we give you an answer. Can you dance?" I gave Rachel a puzzled look.

"Yes I took dance classes until I was 14." I replied.

"Okay good. I have good news and bad news. Which do you want first?" he asked.

"Um the bad news?" I looked at Rachel puzzled. She just shrugged her shoulders.

"Well the bad news is we have to change your schedule." he said with a grin. "Congratulations Quinn Fabray you are a member of the McKinley High New Directions." the whole room stood up and cheered.

"Thank you so so so so much!" I exclaimed as Rachel ran onstage to hug me. The others soon followed.

As I was taking in all the faces there were two I recognized.  Santana and the blonde from the day before. My heart sank.

"Good job finding a cow with talent. I'm proud of you Man Hands." Santana said smirking. The blonde just laughed.

"That's enough Santana!" Mr. Schue all but yelled. He looked at me and saw the tears threatening to fall.

"Okay lets go get your schedule changed." he said leading me to the doors. That is when we heard a scream and the other kids yelling "FIGHT!! "

I turned around and saw Rachel on top of Santana punching her in the face. I ran and tried to pull her off of Santana. It took me, Mr. Schue, Finn Hudson, and Mike Chang to pull the two girls apart. Mr. Schue and I finally pulled Rachel off Santana. You know for being so small Rachel has a lot of strength. I pulled her off to the side.

"What the hell was that about!?!" I asked looking her over for cuts.

"She called you a cow and it pissed me off." she exclaimed wiping at her bleeding lip.

"Its fine I'm starting to to get used to it." I said jokingly.

"Don't let her see how much it hurt or she will probably go back for round 2." I said to myself.

"It hurt you I could see it in your face, so I made her face hurt." Rachel said smiling. I couldn't help but smile a little.

"What if she goes to the principal?" I asked.

"She won't, she knows if she does I will tell Figgins she hit me first, so it was self defense. How can he not believe me when I have a bloody lip to prove it." she smiled.

"You Ms. Rachel Berry are an evil genius!" I said hugging her. As I pulled away Mr. Schue came over to us.

"Are you okay Rachel? Do you need to go to the nurse?" he asked examining her still bleeding lip.

"No I'm fine. Can I have a pass to the restroom to clean myself up before class?" she asked.

"Yes that's fine go ahead and I will have Quinn drop it off when we go change her schedule." he said.

"Okay." she said walking up the steps to the door.

Mr. Schue walked over to Santana and asked her the same question, she said no.

"Okay well to prevent another fight I'm going to walk you to class when I take Ms. Fabray to change her schedule." he explained.

"Fine." Santana snapped.

"The rest of you can go to class." he said as he wrote Rachel a pass.

"Go ahead and take this to Rachel while I have a little chat with Ms. Lopez."

"Okay." I said as I took the pass and walked out. I walked into the bathroom and the first thing I see is Rachel's bare back.

"Um what are you doing?" I asked trying to look at anything but the half naked girl in front of me. The girl I happen to have a huge crush on.

"I got blood on my shirt so I'm changing it." she said sounding amused.

She turned around in the middle of buttoning up her shirt. She started from the top so I had a great view of her tan well toned stomach.

"She must workout!" I thought to myself.

"What's wrong?" she asked taking a few steps closer.

"Um n-nothing." I said trying not to look at her flat stomach again.

"Why Ms. Fabray are you blushing?" she asked with a smirk on her face as she took her time on the buttons over her stomach.

"I-I-I don't know what your talking about." I said flushing.

"Nice Fabray way to keep your cool you idiot!" I thought to myself.

Rachel laughed as she finished the last few buttons and looked at me.

"Why did you do that? And don't say it was because Santana called me a cow." I asked.

"Because I care about you. I saw how much it hurt you and to tell you the truth it hurt me. I don't want to ever see you unhappy." she said looking in the mirror.

"Her calling you that didn't hurt as much as seeing you physically hurt." I said as I closed the gap between us and took her face in my hands. I looked her straight in those dark brow eyes I was beginning to love.

"I don't want to see you hurt Rachel." I said as I wrapped my arms around her. "So please no more fights. For me."

"Okay no more fights. Can I ask you something?" she asked.

"Yeah you can ask me anything." I said still hugging her. Rachel pulled away and looked me straight in the eyes.

"Can I kiss you?" she asked blushing a little. "I know we said we were going to take things slow but-"

I cut her off with a gentle kiss. The kiss deepened and before I knew it Rachel had me up against the wall. We heard a knock at the door and I tasted blood. Mr. Schue cracked the door and said we had to get going. I looked at Rachel and her lip was bleeding again, but that didn't stop her from smiling.

"I better get going. I'll let you see my schedule after first period." I said as I leaned down and gave her a gentle kiss on the lips and walked out of the bathroom.