Chapter 7: Countdown Part 2

Start from the beginning

One must fight a ghast, a giant, white, big, flying, fireball shooting, and screeching monster that lives in the Nether, a place of lava and death. Even if you somehow managed to kill a ghast, you need to be lucky enough that the ghast tear doesn't drop into the natural lava or fire.

Then you have to find a nether fortress, fight your way until you find a blaze spawner, kill the blaze, get the loot, and escape before the other nether mobs try to kill you.

Although it isn't the main reason they're here, they might as well try to get some the ingredients to make some of her medication. Gill has been learning how to make potions. He's an amateur at best, but at least they'll get potions for free if they can supply the ingredients.

But so far they didn't find anything. They didn't find any quartz or glowstone, they didn't find any loot or blaze spawners in the nether fortress, and they certainly didn't find any ghast to kill. they're not sure if that last one is a blessing or just pure frustration.

This happened for about a month now, ever since that day where Aiden opened his stupid mouth at Jess' funeral. Jesse buried all of her possessions. Petra, Axel, Olivia, and Reuben were there as well, comforting their friend.

Then Aiden, Maya, and Gill came and crashed the funeral, interrupting Jesse's speech. Lukas didn't know what they said, he wasn't there. When he finally found them, he saw Axel restraining Jesse from continuing to pound Aiden's face into the ground. Maya was bleeding as Gill was covered with bruises.

Long-story-short, Jesse hates the Ocelots with a passion, Aiden hates Jesse, and Maya is now somewhat crippled who has to constantly take medication.

"Stupid Jesse." Aiden grumbled. "Even now he's giving us problems."

"Aiden, that enough." Said Lukas.

"Why? It his fault that we're in this mess!" he retorted.

"Guys, let just calm-" Gill said, but was interrupted by Lukas.

"Him?!" Shouted Lukas. "It's you're fault for insulting his dead sister at her own funeral!"

Aiden was getting angry. "Why are you defending him?!" he shouted.

"I'm not!" Lukas shouted back, making Aiden flinch. "I'm just sick of it when you guys constantly shifting the blame to Jesse and his friends!" he walked over to Maya, helping her up. "His sister died. Could you imagine how much pain he must be feeling, even now?" He asked, looking at him straight in the eye.

"I thought you would learn something from what you did Aiden... but you're just a bully." Lukas said disappointed as he continued to walk towards the, now close, nether fortress. No one said anything as they continued to walk, Aiden is glaring at the ground, silently blaming Jesse even now.

When they finally reached the nether fortress, most of the ores and nether wart nearby were already harvested. There was a lack of chests, and so far everyone was getting frustrated.

"Nothing, not even a single chest..." Gill said sadly.

"There has to be something here!" shouted Aiden as he looked behind a set of stairs.

"Uh, guys?" said Maya. "Over here, look." She said, pointing at path that leads to a dead end that has a blaze spawner... with four evolved monsters demolishing the blazes the instant they spawn.

When three blazes spawn, the large skeleton would shoot three arrows, hitting them in the head. Sometimes the big spider and the huge zombie would go and use blunt force.

But the wither skeleton... that one freaked everyone out, especially with its back turned against them, with a depressing frown facing them as it used its multiple arms to kill the blazes.