Will- Lunch

Today has gone like any other day. I got up at an ungodly time and got ready for school.  I put together my pre made lunch for the day and run to catch the bus. I sat alone on the bus and stared out the window. I've always been a person that flies under the radar and doesn't really talk or interact with people. So when lunch came around I knew I was going to sit alone like I always do.

I take a random seat in the cafeteria and start to eat my ham and cheese sandwich. I scan the room to see the groups of friends sitting together and laughing as they talk. I found it interesting how certain people sat together everyday. I'm a people watcher. I like to see how people interact with each other and how they are by themselves.

Like Samantha Green, she is the most popular girl in school. She has a habit of cracking her fingers when she is listening to people talk. Kaylen Kelly, Samantha's best friend. She plays with her hair when she's nervous or bored. Then there's Will Byers, he's quite but he has a group of three friends that he is always hanging with. He is always humming a song in the halls when he's alone. He also has a cute smile. That's more of a personal observation of mine but I've still noticed.

I must have been really into my people watching because I didn't even notice someone  walking toward me. It was Will Byers.  I tried to make it look like I was peacefully eating and not creepily looking at people. I must not be as invisible as I think I am because before I know it he is talking to me. "Is this chair occupied?" He asked with a sweet smile. It's even cuter up close. I think before I answer, "nope you can have it."

I'm guessing he'll take it back to his table for someone to sit at but he pulls it out and takes a seat next to me.  This confuses me because I know for a fact he has a group of friends he usually sits with so I just don't know why he would sit with me.

He must have seen the confusion on my face because he laughs because saying, "Hey I'm Will. I've seen you sitting alone for a while now and I wanted to invite you to sit with me and my friends. I mean only if you want." He points over to his table and I see all his friends looking over at the two of us. When they see us looking a curly haired boy gives a goofy grin and waves at us while another boy hits his shoulder. I laugh at this and look back at Will giving him a weak smile. " Are you sure?" I ask because I'm still not sure if he's joking. "Of course! Come on!" He said and quickly jumps up and puts his hand out for me to take.  I hesitantly take it and am immediately pulled in the direction of his table.

Once we are at the table I am greeted by the three boys. The boy who waved at me earlier is the first to formally introduce himself. "Hi! I'm Dustin." I notice his slight lisp but I'm not at all bothered by it. "Hi. I'm y/n." I say in a soft voice and he smiles a toothless grin. "Y/n, take a seat we don't bite." Will says and he pats a seat me between him and Dustin. I whisper a quiet "thanks" and sit.  "Will, are you flirting with her?" I hear a boy who's name I don't yet know with black hair say and nudge the boy next to him who's name I also don't know. I blush a little but laugh to try and play it off. They both laugh before Will says " I'm just being nice Mike! Leave me alone." He looks at the the black haired boy. Mike is him name. He has a older sister right? The boy, Mike, puts his hands up innocently and takes a bite of his sandwich.

" I'm sorry y/n they really don't know how to act around girls." Will says making me laugh. "Ummm not true!" Dustin says and the other two boys nod. "Whatever you say." Will says mimicking Mike's innocent  hand rase from before making us all laugh.  I think I've found some people I want to get to know closer then just first glance.

GUYS YOU GOT ME TO 4K READS! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! YALL ARE AMAZING! Sorry for not updating recently. I've been out of ideas. I'll try to get out of the writing block I'm in. Love you all so much!!~SN💜