Dustin- New kid

I had just moved to Hawkins for my moms new job. I'm not too thrilled to be here. I had to leave all my friends and start a new school. Starting a new school means I'm going to be "the new kid". My mom decided to drive me on my first day. Once I got out of the car and saw all the kids walking in, I started to feel more nervous, if that was even possible.

I make my way into the school, binder held firmly in my hand as I walk into the unfamiliar building I walk in and immediately head to the main office to get my schedule and other first day things. Now I'm off to room 74.

As I walk down the mostly empty hallway I look down at my slip of paper that will be glued to my hands the next few days as I make sure I'm going to the right class because the last thing I need to do is go into the wrong class. When I look up from my paper to to look at the passing rooms I see two boys walking down the hallway like they own the school. I roll my eyes and continue to look at my schedule to know my other classes for the day. 

My walking is stopped by a pair of hands knocking my books and papers on to the floor. Papers fly everywhere and in every direction. I turn to see the two kids from before high fiving each other. I turn back around and quickly go to pick up my mess of things on the ground. When to my surprise I see a curly haired boy picking up some of my papers. I kneel down and grab the few remaining papers as don't want the boy to have to pick up too much.

"Thank you so much!" I say to the boy ask he hands me my papers. He smiles at me revealing a toothless smile. Oddly it suites him. "Oh it's no big deal. I saw what happened and I couldn't let you clean it up alone. Troy and his friend are both just mouthbreathers no need to fear them." He say and at this point I notice a lisp as he talks. This doesn't effect me but I do laugh at his choice of words. Mouthbreather? How interesting.

"Well thank you anyway.." I say realizing I never got his name. "Oh I'm Dustin!" He says and puts his hand out for me to shake. After a slight moment of hesitation I take his hand and shake it while saying "Y/n!"

To this he smiles again and I immediately smile back. Before I say can anything I hear a bell, probably signing that we need to get to class. "That's the warning bell. Do you know where you're going?" He asks as he starts to walk and I follow. "Room... 74?" I say looking down at my schedule once again. "English, Mrs.Good! That's my class I'll walk you there!" He says excitedly as he takes my hand and speeds down the hallway. Maybe this school won't be so bad after all.

~thank you all so much for 100 reads! It really does mean almost to me! I'm hoping you all are liking the imagines and preferences. Feel free to leave requests or even message me with them. I'd love to do them. Love all you!~SN