Lucas- Best friends.

L/n means last name

I can't even hear myself think as Dustin and Lucas bicker back and forth. This is what a usual Friday night is like as Lucas, Dustin, Will, Mike and I all hang out in Mike's basement. These four goofy boys are all my best friends and I don't think I'd trade that for anything in the world. Though they are my best friends, this does not mean they don't get in my nerves.

"Lucas. Dustin. Please stop screaming at each other, my head is pounding." I say trying to over power the yelling. The boys just both look at me before Lucas decides to sassily say, "Oh you have a headache? Let's all be quiet so the princess can feel better." This actually makes me really mad. "Okay I was just asking you guys to stop screaming. Sorry." Dustin was about to say something when Lucas cuts him off. "I can't stand you sometimes y/n. You can really be annoying you know that? Everything has to be about you." That made my anger quickly turn to sadness. I wanted to say something back but no words would one out.

All the boys were looking at me with horrified expressions on their faces. I could feel tears threatening to fall. Why was this affecting me so much? I usually just ignore Lucas sassy comments but for some reason this one really got to me.

"Lucas! Don't be an asshole! She just asked you nicely to be quiet." I hear Mike say as he angrily looks at Lucas who is just rolling his eyes. I now feel hot tear roll down my face and I quickly try to wipe them away but Mike sees me and says, "Oh no y/n don't cry! Lucas is just being an ass don't listen to him. You're not annoying whatsoever." He goes to hug me but I swiftly get up and say, "please don't touch me." More tears fall. "I'm just going to go home." I run to the door without another word and ignore the screaming behind me and get on my bike and just ride off.

* * *

It's been about 20 minutes and I'm deep into the woods sitting on a rock crying my eyes out. I'm annoying. My own best friend doesn't like me. They all must hate me. I'm annoying. I've always had a fear that I come off as annoying to people and what Lucas said just proved it. I'm annoying.

As I cry with my body hunched over and shaking with each sob that escapes from my body I hear leaves tussle from behind me. I know it's just a little animal or something so I just stay like I am, sobbing. Until I hear a familiar voice. It's Lucas.

"Y/n?" I don't look up. I just freeze and try to calm my composure. I hear what I assume is Lucas putting his bike down and footsteps as he walked toward me. He sits next to me on the rather large rock. " Y/n? Please look at me." I keep my head down and let out a small sniffle. He puts his hand on my knee and I turn my head so I'm looking opposite of him as a single tear escapes my swollen eyes. My head is swiftly turned and I'm forced to look into his brown eyes.

The second he sees my swollen eyes and tear stained face his looks down almost ashamed. He looks back up at me and without warning pulls me into a tight hug. I don't hug back. He pulls back and he looks like he's about to cry.

"I am so sorry y/n. I'm the reason you are in such hysterics. I feel terrible. I don't know why I said what I did. You're not annoying. I should have just done what you asked, no questions. I was being an ass. Mike yelled at me and talked some sense into me and made me realize that I couldn't let you leave like that. You are me best friend and I have to treat you like one. I'm so sorry y/n. Please forgive me." He says basically pleading with me.

"You are stupid Lucas Sinclair." I say with a weak attempt to smile. "And you are amazing Y/n L/n." He mimics my tone but elbows my side and smiles.

Is it possible to fall in love with your best friend? If it is I just may be in love with this idiot.

~ Long time no update! So sorry about that!! I will try yo update more often!! Also, THNAKS ON 200 ALMOST 300 READS! I CANT EVEN BELIEVE IT. You all are amazing! I love you all!!!!! ~ SN