~Mike Wheeler~

*This does have a little bit if a topic that might be sensitive to some people so just be warned.*

"Y/nnnnnnn!" I hear Dustin scream into my ear. "I'm not deaf Dustin I can hear you." I say to him laughing while looking in his direction. "Will you pay attention to the movie and not Mike please?" He sasses at me. I must not have noticed I was looking at Mike for as long as I was. I've had a huge crush on him since, forever. "I was not looking at him! I was just looking around!" I say as I try to come up with an excuse on the spot. "Just admit you both like each other so we can get passed the constant flirting." Lucas chimes in now looking in my direction.

My cheeks turn bright a red at the thought that maybe Mike flirts back with me. I'm glad it's dark because non of the boys can see the color in my cheeks or the huge smile on my face. "Me like y/n! Ew no that's gross! Why would you think I like her?" Mike says with so much disgust in his voice.

My smile quickly fades and I can feel my eyes start to burn like I'm about to cry. To hide any disappointment I just laugh and then the boys all laugh with me so I guess it worked. At this point all I wanted to do was leave but if I did then they would know something was wrong so I wait till the movie is over.

The credits start to roll and I have been trying to hold back tears the whole time. Eww! Gross! Why would I like her? Is all that has been replaying in my head.

"I think I'm going to head home guys." I say as I try to not sound sad but my voice just sounds tired. "You don't wanna stay for another movie?" Mike asks from his stack of movies across the room. "No I have a lot of homework to do." I lie, hoping that will make them not ask questions. "Well bye y/n!!" All the boys say and wave to me as I grab my bag and head for the door that leads closer to where I parked my bike.

The second I'm out the door I break out into tears. You were stupid for even thinking he would like you back. Your ugly, weird, fat and annoying no wonder he doesn't like you! Is all that's running through my head on my way home.

* * *
I didn't get much sleep last night because my thoughts we're consuming my brain. When I got to school I didn't even meet the boys at the bike rack because I didn't think I could deal with seeing Mike. I tried my best to ignore him in first period and I made sure I was the first one out so he couldn't try talking to me. Yes I know I may be over reacting but what he said has really brought my self esteem down and seeing his face just brings all the thoughts back.

It's lunch and I usually eat lunch with the boys and I don't know how I'm going to get out of this one. I sat at a table that was far enough away from were we all usually sit that hopefully they wouldn't think it was me. I put the hood of my sweatshirt over my head to even more disguise myself. It was working, for the most part. I heard Will asking where I was and then I heard Mike say " I don't know but she has been annoying all day, I don't know what her problem is." This made me angry. I pushed back from the table and turned on my heal and dropped my uneaten lunch in the trash. I looked up and saw all the boys looking at me with shocked and worried experiences on their faces.

I didn't respond to the cries of my name or for me to stop I just stormed out of the lunch room. Hot angry tears blurred my vision as I walked. Just as I was about to go into the bathroom I was turning around and was face to face with Mike.

" Okay what is your problem?" He asks with a mixture of concern and anger. "My problem is you Michael Wheeler!" I said as tears flooded my face. "Me? What did I do?" He asked all concern leaving his voice, now it was just anger. "What did you do? You made me hate myself even more then I already do! I'm annoying? I'm gross? How could anyone like me?"

At this point my anger tears are gone and they are just tears of sadness. " I'm ugly, useless, disgusting, fa-" I'm cut off by a pair of arm around me. At first I stay stiff but then I give in and hug back. When we pull apart I see a look of pain on his face.

"Is this all because of what I said last night? I said those things because.... I didn't want the boys to tease me for liking you. If I knew you like me I never would have said that. I hate that you think about yourself this way though. You are beautiful, you are definitely not useless, you are not disgusting and if I ever hear you call yourself fat I will beat you up." The last part makes me laugh a little. "Mike I-" "No let me finish." He says as he grabs my hands. I just nod.

"When you weren't at the bike ride rack this morning I was devastated. Then you were ignoring me in class and ran out. I was confused and concerned. I hate knowing I made you feel bad about yourself. You are one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen, both inside and out and I never want you to feel like you are any less. From the first day I met you I told myself not to fall in love but at one point you smiled and I totally blew it."

I couldn't let him babble on forever so I did what I have wanted to for some time now, I kissed him. At first he didn't kiss back but once he did I felt butterflies in my stomach. Once we both pull away we were both smiling like idiots. "Mike I'm sorry I ignored you today. I was just hurt." I said looking down.

He lifted my head up with his index finger so we are looking into each others eyes. "It's okay, but you know what will make it up?" He says with a cheesy grin on his face. "What?" I say curious to hear the answer. "You saying yes to being my girlfriend." He states, the same smile on his face. "How could I say no to that face?" I say with a laugh.

He extends his hand for me to grab  and I immediately take it and our fingers intertwine. In this moment I knew I was in love with Mike Wheeler.