Round 74

Oooh! look! It's a star! Someone PRESS it!

✔︎ Commenting time frame (CST): 2/24 -3/6 

✔︎ Moderator: dawnstarling "I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE reading the bios of NBR members!"

Announcements:

1) NEW NBR RULE: In the event you can't read a genre, you are no longer allowed to privately inform the spotlight author and/or publicly announce it on the NBR comment thread. Instead, please PM the DawnStarling account with a well qualified reason why you must pass on the story. If approved, the moderators will inform the spotlight author. This new rule is created in courtesy and respect for our spotlight authors. Enforcers manually go through rounds each week and know exactly which books you have not read. Please abide by the pledge you have taken, show authors their due respect and read all three chapters each week. 

2) Please extend a congratulatory round of applause to our newest Champion Reviewer and Triple Crowner: SapphireAlena *Throws Star Wars themed confetti everywhere*

3) The release of 15 contestants for Battle of the Chapters (Round 1) is now LIVE! Cast up to three votes for your favorite stories. 

4) In light of everyone's continuous efforts, NBR will be taking a one week break next week to offer members a moment to decompress, write, and reflect on life. NBR will resume on March 10th, midnight CST. 

Comment Topic: The Voice of the writer is an element that sets a story/book a part from others. Comment on how the writer's voice has captured the essence of the chapter. 

📕 📗 📖 📘📙

Author #1: MeganAshley

Book Title: Vengeance From Darkness 

Spotlight Chapter: Chapter One

Summary: Elizabeth Guinea is an assassin, and she is not one to be reckoned with. Upon completing her years of training within the Order of the Assassin's, Elizabeth is summoned to English Court with her mentor, Hudson Armstrong, to protect the Royal Family from the Order of the Knights, a widely known group of corrupt noblemen. As she and Hudson eliminate threats to the throne, they begin to face threats of their own, including Elizabeth's estranged father. While trying to forget her difficult past with her father, protect the Royals and avoid the scandal and betrayal of Court, Elizabeth begins to play against the rules at the dangerous game of Court -- at the risk of losing her head. 

Author's Note: Hi everyone! I am so excited to be in the spotlight this week, and I would like to give a huge shoutout to the people behind the who make everything possible! I drew a lot of inspiration for this book from my own life (to an extent of course, a lot of things are metaphorical for me) and I have put so much work into it, so I'm excited to hear everyone's feedback! The chapter I have spotlighted this week does exceed 2800 words, and I put a marker, but if you do choose to read on, now or in the future, I hope you enjoy it!