Contest Updates & Bulletin Board

07/31/15 - Every new author will go through a screening process before they are put into queue.

08/07/15 - I will begin a Strike Record for Offensive Comments (which is very seldom)

08/14/15 - There will be two Enforcers reviewing comments each. If you don't comment on the rounds, your position in the Spotlight queue will continue to fall each week you don't participate.

08/14/15 - If you win 3 rounds, you automatically land in the spotlight for the up coming week.

08/14/15 - If you can bring 5 additional participants into this contest, you automatically land in the spotlight.

8/10/2016 - NBR rounds will begin each Saturday 12:00am CST and end the following Sunday 11:59pm CST.  The extension gives members two additional days to comment. 

9/8/2017 

The NBR Spotlight (SPL) will run seasonally on the NextBigRecognition account. The seasons are: Summer (May, June, July) and Winter (Nov, Dec, Jan). The 2017 Summer season (our current season) will end after round 102 when our last set of authors SPL. The NBR SPL will undergo a format change and all details will be posted on the NextBigRecognition account immediately after the end of the 2017 Summer season. Future rounds will be moderated by our wonderful NEW moderators:  kemorgan65VeilofPetals and leah_tee (Congrats and welcome to the moderating team).

We understand how much time and stress it is for valuable members to keep up with our standards of quality. Going seasonal enables our dedicated members time to focus on their writing and other aspects of their lives. It also enables our board members and moderators the opportunity to decompress and focus on their own writing. Going seasonal benefits everyone and encourages the health and longevity of the contest/community. 

Please be aware that the NBR profile will be running year round even though the NBR Spotlight will only run seasonally. When the SPL is not in season, our partners (found on the NextBigRecognition account) will be ongoing. 

Current NBR Partners (highly encouraged to join):

WayfarersLamppost (Wayfarer's Lamppost Book Club published on NextBigRecognition

If you would like to form a partnership with NBR or know of any other interest clubs/contest/etc, simply PM dawnstarling and we'll talk :)

Lastly, we're doing something we've never done before. We're opening board positions to our most dedicated members! If you're passionate about NBR and want to make a difference, join our team :) PM dawnstarling

It's a lot to take in, deep breaths now, and remember:

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjust the sails. - William Arthur Ward

Questions, please PM dawnstarling