Round 80

👉 Press that Star!

Announcements!
-Just a quick reminder folks that the new sashes for NBR are out! If you would like to have one we'll gladly distribute them to you. Just PM us real quick and we'll send you the link.

---

Commenting time frame (CST): April 14 ~ April 23

Moderator: swiftiegirl1010

Comment Topic: Comment on the flaws of the main character and how they play into the plot of the chapter. In other words, how it affects the main character and the people/places around them.

🍗🍖🍕

Author #1: BrittNLeigh

Book Title: Never Mine

Specified Chapter: Chapter 9

Summary Thus Far in Book: Wyatt Matheson and Colby Byers have been friends since birth. Wyatt's family works for Colby's at the Byers' family estate, and Wyatt himself is employed as a stable hand. The two high school seniors had been, at one point, in a relationship that was destroyed due to a tragedy revealed later in the book. In this chapter, Wyatt and Colby are in the process of reconciliation, as the aforementioned tragedy damaged not only their relationship, but their friendship as well.

Author's Note: Thank you so much for this opportunity! Being a part of NBR and witnessing the building up of fellow authors through the generous offerings of advice and expertise has been incredible. I feel so fortunate to be able to participate. I'm grateful for this chance, and hoping to improve my work as a result. Thanks in advance to all of you for your feedback!!

Question number 1: Having a story that's dual perspective has had its challenges, but in the end I feel the effort is worthwhile, as I'd like to expose the reader to both sets of thoughts and emotions. Do you feel that I have effectively executed the dual narrative? If not, what can I do to improve it?

Question number 2: As a female writer, it has been an adventure for me to attempt to emulate the voice and thought processes of a teenage boy. Does Wyatt's male voice sound authentic? Does his inner monologue adequately represent that of a teenage boy?

Question number 3: I have had a number of readers point out grammar errors in the form of incorrect sentence structure and punctuation. However, these presumed errors were a stylistic choice on my part, as the story is told in a stream of consciousness fashion. Knowing that this was a stylistic choice, does it make sense to leave this format intact?

In-line Comment Preference: Don't mind

Genre: Chicklit

Rating: PG