Chapter 12

Hello wattpaders.

I hope you all are enjoying your Saturday nights, because I am.

LOL anyways, I hope you like this new chapter. It's not that long, but at least I tried to write something.

So I hope you enjoy it:D

Dixie's (P.O.V)

"Why are you so hard on him?" Sheila asked as she laid me carefully on the bed. I rolled my eyes with irritation and ignored her question.

"He did that to cool of your anger from all the hatred you have toward those kidnapers and also I think to him as well." She said softly sitting on the end side of the bed.

I faced her with an annoyed face and let out a groan.

"Please don't even start with me Sheila because if once I start letting out all my hatred toward him and those dead creeps, then I don’t think I would be able to stop." She immediately raised her hands in surrender and nodded her head.

I looked the other way and straight to the wall admiring the wall papers once again. Damn, whoever had designed this room was an expert.

“Anyway…..” She trailed a little loudly stretching her hands in front of her. I looked at her and waited patiently what she was going to say.

“Just this morning I received an invitation to one of the biggest ball in the country.” That immediately got my attention and I looked at her with full eyes.

“What kind of a ball is it?” I asked with interest. That immediately brought a smile to her lips.

“It’s a ball where only the Alphas are invited with their mates. We have been invited to it along with other Alphas that are just as successful and loyal as we are.” As she mentioned the Alpha and his mate, immediately all the hopes and excitement drained out of me. There was no way I was going with Josh to the ball. Or even he wasn’t going to risk his reputation by taking a crippled person along with him to introduce her to the whole world as his mate.

I nodded my head shallowly and looked the other way again.

She came closer and held my hand in hers softly. “What’s wrong?” She asked worriedly.

I shook my head in disappointment and looked at her anxious face.

“I thought we all were invited to the ball together, but unfortunately not.” I said with a sad smile. She chuckled humorously surprising me.

“Silly when I said Alphas are invited, it means their mates have to go along with them. Its part of the tradition.” Suddenly my heart dropped literally from my chest.

“So you’re saying that I have to go alone with that hard headed to the ball.” I asked raising my eye brows. She nodded her head rolling her eyes at my comment.

I looked at her horrified and shook my head rapidity. Her shoulders dropped and she looked at me frustrated.

“Don’t be such a bore Dixie, you have to go.” She said anxiously. I shook my head in annoyance and closed my eyes just to end the conversation.

“Fine then, be this way.” She said angrily and got off the bed. I sighed tiredly and looked at her back.

“I am sorry for acting like a bitch Sheila. But you can’t just expect me to go with someone who rejected me as his mate and acts like nothing have happened.”  I said wearily as the wave of tiredness washed over me.

She nodded her head turning off the lights and left the room leaving me feeling guilty and like shit. I cursed lowly and closed my eyes.

The next morning surprisingly Josh came to pick me from my room to downstairs. I didn’t protest knowing that Sheila was still angry at me for acting all bitchy with her.