( Chapter Twenty - Three )

Lauren's POV

It had been a month since the funeral and it seemed like life would never be the same, that night changed everything not only for me but for my friends too.

I had not only lost my best friend but my soulmate, the love of my life and the person that loved me unconditionally.

"Lauren we're ready to go" I heard Dinah's voice interrupt my thoughts. She was going away for a while because the pain was too much to handle, I was going to be left alone with the memory of that night playing over and over again in my mind.

-------------- F L A S H B A C K -------

I was paralyzed from head to toes, everything was a blur and I just wanted to open my eyes and wake up from this nightmare.

But, it wasn't a nightmare this was reality Lucy had shot my person and she was laying lifeless on Dinah's arms. I saw as the police tackled down Lucy and handcuffed her as she gave me a grin before finally being let out of the club and inside the police car.

I finally woke up from my daze and ran up to Dinah who was crying uncontrollably rocking the girl's body back and forth as she repeated "Please wake up please wake up".

Ally was on her knees next to her, Paramedics approached them trying to see if they could do anything but my worst nightmare came true.

"I'm so sorry there is nothing we can do" One of the paramedics said as Dinah grabbed the body once more.

"No no no" I started yelling, I was having a panic attack and I wanted to scream and cry and break shit and I felt like my world had ended right here, this moment.

"Normani please come back to us" I said leaning next to my best friend's body, I felt Camila wrap her arms from behind me.

"She saved my life" She said crying hysterically.

"Sh-She pushed me out of the way and the bullet hit her, This should be me not her" Camila was yelling holding Normani's lifeless hand as Dinah continued to rock her.

"We have to take the body now, We're sorry. You can ride with us on the ambulance" One of the paramedics approached us as he tried to pull Dinah of her Wife's body.

It took me, Camila and Ally to finally separate them, We all rode on the ambulance next to my best friend.

My best friend, I thought. She was dead, what will I do now? My sister was dead, my other half, I don't know how to do life without her. All of this night seemed so unreal, this couldn't be real.

As we got to the hospital I decided to call my parents, my mom couldn't believe what had happened and they were already on their way here along with the rest of the girls families.

We were waiting outside as they processed the body and did all the procedures that had to happen before incinerating my best friend's body, Dinah had decided this because she had had the talk with Normani that if any of them ever suffered an accident or when they were older who ever died first would throw the other's ashes on the ocean. I also knew this since me and Normani were 10, We have had so many talks and I knew exactly what she wanted.

But, this wasn't suppose to happen so soon, not now and not like this. Dinah didn't talk, didn't eat, didn't do anything for hours. The next morning we were all allowed to go and say our goodbyes before the incineration began. Camila and her family were first, then ally, next it was my parents that were completely destroyed because Normani was like another daughter for them.