( Chapter Sixteen )

POV LAUREN

It had been eight days since I saw or talked to Camila, After the most amazing day the night ended so bad. I didn't get to talk to her about our plans because Shawn was home early. She had tried to contact me but I ignored her every time. I didn't know how to deal with this, I didn't want her to risk her future or her families future just to be with me.

Dinah was going to pick her up today so we could all hangout. It had been a quiet week at home, Dinah and Normani were on cloud 9 always talking about their wedding plans. They had ask Ally to marry them and our short friend had immediately agreed, I was Normani's maid of honor and of course Camila was Dinah's. I was more than happy for my two best friends but my internal turmoil didn't allow me to fully enjoy all this blessings around me.

"You okay?" I heard Normani ask taking a seat next to me on the couch. Dinah was with Camila and they would be home any minute which only increased my nerves.

"Just thinking" I replied grabbing her hand. She gave me a shy smile.

"Everything will be okay Lauren, Can I be honest with you?" she asked and I just nodded.

"You and Camila have something very special. Your love was only made for true soulmates, the way you guys connected so fast was just incredible" she said looking at me making sure I was okay with where this conversation was going, I was.

"We all noticed it on the first few days and then you realized how special your connection was. I have never seen you this torn apart but also this happy. After all this years of knowing you you just have a different glow and the love you have for each other could never die even if you are apart" she kept talking giving my hand a slight squeeze.

"Never give up on love Lo, No matter how hard it gets because once you find the real thing it's so hard trying to get something even close to that love, Just stay strong babe. Be patient, Okay? Everything will be fine. You'll see" Normani finished talking giving my cheek a kiss as Dinah and Camila walked in the door.

"Whoah whoah! Take your hands off my woman" Dinah yelled laughing.

"She's the one all over me" I said back gaining a playful push from my best friend.

"We were just talking babe, plus she doesn't have what you have" Normani said whispering something on Dinah's ear. Dinah made a mischievous smile an arched an eyebrow.

"Well, We'll be back" Is all she said before pulling Normani by her arm and inside their room.

I couldn't help but laugh and forgot Camila was even there. She looked at me shyly, the air got tense.

"Hey" I said shyly as I approached her. We embraced in a long hug. I missed her body close to mine, I missed the smell of her hair and the way her breathing syncs with mine.

I missed Camila.

"Hey babe" she said looking up at me as she put her hands around my neck and pulled me down to finally seal our lips in a tender kiss.

"I missed you so much" she said letting go of me and taking me by my hand as we sat on the couch.

"I was a douche" I said looking down at our entwined hands.

"You weren't. I know this is hard and I am so sorry for Shawn interrupting us like that. I just want you to know nothing has changed. Nothing" She said giving my hand little kisses.

"Nothing has changed on my end either. But I do still believe that you should just st.." She interrupted me before I could finish.

"I know. I just can't Lo. I cannot handle cheating on him anymore. He doesn't deserve it and I cant let you go. I just cant" tears started streaming down both our faces. Why did love have to be so hard?