( Chapter Two )

The next morning I woke up with a massive headache, Hangovers were not my thing. No matter how much alcohol I had the night before a headache was always there the next morning. I hesitated getting out of bed but eventually did, Not before checking my phone I had a lot of texts from Normani. The last one said she was on her way to my house, I didn't even realize it was already way past noon. She must be off her dance class, I got up and took a quick shower before heading downstairs to wait for my friend. I was eating cookies and milk when I heard the doorbell rang desperately, I shrugged at the sound echoing inside my brain. "Chill chill I have a massive headache and you're ringing my bell like a maniac" I said as I opened the door to let Normani in.

I could tell something was wrong when she didn't fight back, A nervous expression on her face. Ok I thought to myself as I closed the door and followed my best friend into my living room as we both fell into my couch. We sat silent for a few seconds my mind still in a daze from all the alcohol, I could see her leg shaking and she kept rubbing her hands together her nervousness too evident now. "Ok what is up with you?" I finally broke the silence between us. She made eye contact with me her leg still shaking as she started to present to me the events from last night. "I.. I don't even know where to start Lo, Everything happened so fast." Normani's worried voice was making me anxious not knowing what she was talking about, She took a deep breath and she continued talking.

"After you dropped me and Dinah off, We were laying down in my room. She slept on my bed with me because you know my guest room is a mess right now. Anyways, I was so drunk Lo but I knew what I was doing and I think she did too. We, I, She..." Normani paused for a moment burying her face on her hands. "What happened Mani? You know you can trust me, I hate seeing you like this." I said in all honesty. I wanted to help her out but I had to know what was going on first, she was clearly in distraught, I rubbed her back slightly and she sighed as she finally continued talking.

"We had sex Lo, I had sex with a girl. I don't even know what the fuck happened. One second we were just talking facing each other and the next well, You know" She blurted out. I couldn't help but make the most visible surprised face, Any sign of drunkenness I had in me was completely gone now. I chuckled a little not believing she was so stressed about this. "Mani, I'm sure it was just because of the alcohol. I can't believe you were so nervous to tell me this, How was it though? Did you like it?" I sent her a wink trying to cheer her up but failed miserably when she shoved me roughly almost pushing me to the floor.

"It's not funny Lauren, You know I'm not like that. Like, Into girls. At least I think I'm not I'm so confused I don't even know what to do or say anymore. This morning after I woke up she was gone and she wasn't even in dance class." Normani finished saying before burying her face into her hands once more. I kept rubbing her back not really knowing what to say for me it wasn't a big deal but for her it was. "Look Mani I'm sure she's just as surprised as you. Just give it some time, Its really no big deal. At one point you were going to have a gay moment if it wasn't with me it would of been with someone else" I attempted to make her smile this time she chuckled a little. She lifted her head a small smile on her face, "Yeah I guess you're right we need time to just let it all sink in. But still Lo, What do I do? Should I text her? Like, I don't even know how I feel about her anymore. What if I do like her, Like unconsciously or something." Her words were taking me back to a time of confusion during high school, I understood her confusion. "Don't do anything, let her come to you. Look Mani I'm sure you're not gay or confused I just think if you like someone you just like that person for them, Not because of their gender or anything, but because of how they are and I really admire that. You're real to yourself and I think you should just relax and give it a few days" I grabbed her hand rubbing the back with my thumb trying to give her some confidence.

"Yeah, I guess that's a good way to put it. I still can't believe it happened though. I remember every detail Lo, And to be honest I liked it. Like really liked it." A clear smile on Normani's face was now showing making me grin even bigger. "Ah welcome to the dark side Mani, I can't believe you had sex first than me, that sucks you know. You're not even gay and look." I laughed a little after saying this, realizing I hadn't slept with anyone. Not that I didn't want to but right before I was about to do something with a girl I got so nervous I wimped out and always ended up running away. Might be one of the reasons Lucy left me. "Ah yeah my lesbian virgin friend, 1 Mani 0 Lo" Normani was now laughing at my tragedy of my non sexual life.