(Chapter Six)

Nobody said it was easy

It's such a shame for us to part...

Like every morning my alarm went off, Not letting it play for long I tapped on the screen shutting it off. Yeah I should probably change the song but I wasn't ready this song had been with me every night for the first weeks after my break up with Lucy, locked away in my bathroom while I cried my eyes out. My heart aching and my head throbbing while I listened to the song on repeat. I wasn't ready to let go of that pain not until I was completely over Lucy and as of now I still wasn't. Our little date was today after I got off work I still hadn't told Normani, I decided to tell her today on our way to work. I heard her exiting her room and heading downstairs I followed my daily routine and joined her at our kitchen.

"Good morning Laur, Don't you look. Anxious today. Is Camila coming over or what?" She asked taking a sip of her coffee before glancing at the kitchen clock. "Not everything is about her you know, I have other things to be anxious about." I chuckled a little, grabbing a banana from our fruit bowl and hurrying after her when we realized we were running 10 minutes late to work. The first five minutes of our short car drive consisted of Normani singing along to a Beyoncé song, After it was over and finally being able to interrupt her mini car concert I blurted out my plans for today.

"I have a date with Lucy." I said rapidly, gaining Normani to stomp on the brake my whole body being launched at the dashboard and if it wasn't for the seatbelt my face would be smashed into it. "What the fuck Mani." I yelled, annoyed by the pull the seatbelt had implanted on my neck. "What do you mean by a date? With lucy?" She asked as she proceeded to slowly increase the speed on her car, realizing we would be even more late if she didn't keep moving. "Well, she just wants to talk and I agreed. I think it would be just good closure you know? Or do you want to keep listening to "the scientist" every morning? I asked her taking a last bite of my banana. She thought about my question for a second making a last turn to our work site. " I guess if it helps you get back to your old self then I'm on board, just don't let her manipulate you. Let her talk, listen then just express yourself you know let it all out, Say your goodbye and close that chapter of your life Lo, Its time." Her honest words ringing on my ears before we both exited her car.

I just nodded, I didn't want to promise anything because I had no idea what was going to happen this evening. Did I want Lucy? Yes. But was I ready to get back with her after all the heartbreak? Probably not. I decided to take today a step at a time. Work went by surprisingly fast and hour before we got off I received a text from, Camila.

Camila: Hey you, How's work?

Lauren: Great, I'm about to get off. How's your day going? Any dreams about me?

Camila: Lol, Wouldn't you like to know? I woman never shares her deepest more intimate dreams

Lauren: Intimate? Lol. Like.... Sex?

Camila: I guess you'll never know (;

                               5 minutes later

Camila: Are we still good for tomorrow?

Lauren: Sorry I was getting some stuff from Normani, and of course we are. We still have a lot to talk about especially those dreams of yours

Camila: Right, Well then I guess I shall see you tomorrow :) I'll try to keep my dreams PG tonight ;P

Lauren: Camila Cabello are you flirting with me?

                                10 minutes later

Lauren: Is that a yes? Don't be shy now.