Ch 11. New Start

Camila's POV

Today's Saturday. I was laying on my bed right now while staring at the ceiling. I glanced at the clock and it reads '5:17 am'. I couldn't believe I woke up early today and I was surprised that I didn't go back to sleep, because usually when the time still early, I went back to sleep or sometimes I just woke up late. But now, it felt different and I didn't know why.

It's been 3 days from now since I met Lucy at school. And days have passed, I could tell that she and Lauren were getting close, like so close that the green eyed girl sometimes forget or refuses to be with her other friends. Like last Thursday, she agreed when Dinah invited her to hangout with Ally, Normani, and I. We waited, but she didn't came, because she had other plans with Lucy and she forgot to tell us about it. Also last Friday, the girls and I planned to hangout again and Ally told Lauren to invite Lucy, but the green eyed girl refused because she rather wants to hangout with Lucy alone, just to catch up. We were so disappointed that day, but the other girls understands it... except me. I couldn't help but felt like Lucy is taking Lauren away from us and that making me upset. I understand that she and Lucy hadn't see each other in years, but refusing to be with her other friends, well, that was a big deal for me.

To be honest, I didn't know exactly what I feel right now. It so messed and I couldn't understand my emotions. Dinah kept telling me that I was jealous, and me, being me, kept denied that I'm not. Am I?

I sighed and glanced once more at the clock. It was already 5:30 am. I huffed and looked at the ceiling once again. Damn, I had no idea what am I gonna do this day.

After 30 minutes, I sat up as I stretched my back and rubbed my eyes with big yawn before I got off my bed and do my usual morning hygiene. After everything is done, I grabbed my jacket and sling bag before walking on my way to downstairs.

"Kaki, where are you going?" I heard Sofi asked sleepily. I looked at her and she approached me as she rubbed her eyes tiredly. I smiled at her cuteness.

"I'll go for a walk, Sof." I said as I got on my knees, so that our height would be the same. "Why did you wake up early? It's weekend." I asked as I tucked her hair behind her ear.

"I was thirsty, so I went to the kitchen to get some water. And I was about to go back when I saw you here." She said tiredly.

"Well then, go back to your room and sleep. I'll be back shortly." I said softly and kissed her forehead before I stood up. "If Mami, or Papi ask you about me, just tell them that I'll be going for a walk. Okay?" I told my sister as I heard her muttered 'okay' before she walked back to her room. I took a deep breath and sighed, before I left my house and started walking.

***

It was already 7:05 am according to my watch as I kept walking and walking until suddenly I stopped and heard a growling sound came from my stomach. "Oh, I forgot to eat breakfast." I thought as I groaned. I walked once again as I looked around until I saw a building named Jimmy's Eastside. I immediately went there and once I entered, I glanced around and looked for an available table, but something or someone caught my attention. I squinted my eyes as I looked at the person and walked slowly forward. His back was facing me and he looks familiar. I frowned in curiosity and without thinking, I put my hand on his shoulder, making him snapped his head to look at me and I froze.

"Camila?"

"S-Shawn?"

My jaw dropped in shock as I stared at the person in front of me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

He raised his eyebrow at me as he gave me an 'Are you kidding me?' look and spoke. "Well, obviously, I came here to eat. What else?"