Ch 10. Surprise

Lauren's POV

"Hi, Lauren..."

"Lucy?" I stared at her in disbelief as she stood up and smiled at me sweetly. "Oh, my God, Lucy, long time no see!" I ran towards her and hugged her tightly. I heard her giggled as she hugged me back. I couldn't believe she's here. "What are you doing here? God, I miss you so much!" I said and let her go from the hug.

"I miss you too, Laur. I came here to see you and surprise you, so... surprise!" She said casually and I grinned at her non stop as we stared each others eyes.

Lucy and I known each other since 5th Grade. We became best friends until we played 'truth or dare' when someone dared Lucy to kissed me. Since that day, I hadn't stop thinking about it and couldn't stop thinking about her until I realized I had developed feelings towards her not in a friendly way. I tried to make a move to her, but at the end I failed, because she only sees me as a friend and a sister, not in a romantic way, and also she wasn't attracted to the same gender and I was disappointed. We never spoke to each other that much since the incident, and I knew she gave me some space to think about everything and I was glad that she did it to clear my mind. And after few months, we became friends once again, but not the same anymore as we met in the beginning. Lucy transferred to another school in Los Angeles when I was in 6th Grade and we stop communicating each other since then.

I heard someone clearing their throat and I didn't realize that I was staring at her very long. I blinked my eyes repeatedly as Lucy did the same and I shifted myself awkwardly before I looked at Ally who was raising her eyebrow at us.

"I guess I should leave you guys alone. Uh, just call me if you guys need anything." Ally said as she walked away in my room, leaving Lucy and I alone.

"So, uh..." Lucy cleared her throat. "How are you?"

"I'm doing great, thanks for asking. Uh, how 'bout you?" I asked as I ran my finger through my hair.

"Same here." She answered and giggled. "How's your staying here in Miami?" She asked.

"Very awesome. I like it here, people are so nice and friendly and... Yeah, they're all great." I said happily.

"I can tell by your face. You look so happy." She said as she stared at me intently.

I blushed slightly and smile. "Uh, how did you find out I live in here? We hadn't communicate each other, but... How?" I asked curiously.

"Actually, I didn't. It's just came by accident." She said and I raised my eyebrows as if telling her to continue. "Yesterday, when I was in grocery store, I met your mom there by a chance." She explained and I nodded understandingly.

"So, why are you here in Miami?" I asked.

"I came here, because I'll go to school here from now on." My eyes bulged when I heard the information from her.

"Really? Which school?" I asked.

"Miami High." She answered and my mouth gaped.

"That's my school too!" I said excitedly.

"What? Really?" I nodded furiously. "Oh, my God, so that means..." She trailed off and looked at me.

"We're going to see each other at school!" We said in unison.

"But wait, don't you like to school in Los Angeles? What happened?" I asked.

"I do like it, but my dad decided to stay here for his business." She said and shrugged.

"Oh, okay." I mumbled as itched my back of my neck.

Lucy glanced at her wrist watch before she spoke. "Uh, I gotta go, my dad probably go home already from work." I sighed and mattered 'okay' as she went to the door and I followed her.