Ch 6. Sleepover

Camila POV

We'd been chatting each other in 3 hours after watching the movie. It was 7:27 PM as I checked my phone and I saw 2 messages at my inbox from my mom.

Mami(7:15 pm) Mi hijah, are you coming home?

Mami(7:23 pm) Are you and Dinah on the way?

I glanced up at Dinah, who was busy talking and laughing with Normani beside her, then I 'psst' her for a few times until she finally noticed me.

"What?" She hissed, glaring at me.

"My mom texted me and asked if we were on the way home." I said panicking.

Her eyes bulged and her lips formed in 'o' shape. She looked at the three girls, who were looking at me and Dinah back and forth in a confusion state.

"Uh, guys, I think it's time for Mila and I to go home." Dinah announced.

"What? Already?" Ally questioned and I nodded.

"Why can't you just sleepover in my house? And besides it's dark already outside and I'm sure it might take a while before you guys get home." Normani suggested.

Dinah's brown eyes met mine, raising our eyebrows as I thought about Normani's suggestion.

"What do you think, Chanch?" She asked.

"Hmm, I think I have to call my mom first, if she agrees to let me sleep over here." I said and she nodded.

"Yeah, I also have to ask my mom too." She said as she reached her phone from her pocket.

I stood up and went to the kitchen and immediately dialed my mom's number. After few seconds, she finally answered my call.

"Oh, mi hija, finally you manage to call me. Are you and Dinah already on the way?" She said worriedly.

"Um, Mami, about that... I think we couldn't make it on time to get there, because it will take hours before we arrived." I said, waiting for my mom's answer but she stayed quite, so I continued. "So, me and Dinah decided, if it's okay for you of course, to sleepover at Dinah's friend's house. But if you don't, we can-" I was cut off when my mom spoke.

"No, no, mi hijah, you should sleepover, it's too dangerous to drive at night." She said as I nodded and muttered 'okay' to her. "Alright, so see you tomorrow, mi hijah, take care always. Te amo!"

"I love you too, Mami." I replied as I stopped the call and went back to the living room.

"So, how was it?" Dinah asked, staring at me.

I looked at her and pretending to be sad. She looked at me worriedly and before she could say something, I interrupted her by giving her a thumbs up with a big smile on my face.

"Ouch!" I exclaimed as she smacked me in the arm.

"Walz, that's not funny!" She whined and I chuckled.

"How about you, Cheech, is your mom agreed to sleepover here?" I asked and she nodded happily.

"Yeahey!" Normani and Ally yelled in unison as Lauren giggled at them.

"Oh, guys, it's time for dinner. What should we cook for tonight?" Lauren asked, waiting for our answer.

"I think we should order instead, cooking is so tiring." Normani complained and Ally, Dinah, and I nodded at her suggestion.