Ch 8. Awkward

Camila's POV

1 week have passed since we sleepover at Normani's. And this passed week, I'd been acted awkwardly everytime Lauren was around. And ever since I told my best friend about my confession, even though I'm not really sure about myself, she keep teasing me everytime she was with me or worst, with the girls, including my crush.

Today was Monday and I was glad because our class was only half day, so me and the girls decided to hangout today after school. After class dismissed, me and Dinah on our way to the new fast food called Parazza to grabbed some lunch and also to meet the girls there. It was Normani's idea because she said there prizes were cheap but you could eat whatever you want and there foods were delicious. That made me excited when she said that there were be delicious pizza with different kinds of flavor in Parazza and I instantly agreed to go there. Well, also the girls too.

As we about to enter, I heard someone calling our names.

"Camila, Dinah, wait up!" I froze when I heard a familiar husky voice. I glanced at Dinah and she was already smirking at me. I shoot her deadly glare before slowly turned my head around.

"Oi, Lauren, I thought you're with Ally and Mani." Dinah said as I stared at Lauren, who was catching her breath.

"I was, but I told them that you should go ahead to the fast food, because there's something I need to do in the library." She respond before she looked at me. "Hi." She said as she gave me a smile.

I slightly blushed and ducked my head shyly. "H-hello." I stuttered as I heard my best friend laughed silently. I nudged her side and she gasped and then groaned lowly. I glanced at her and smirked as she glared at me before I looked back at Lauren, who was raising her thick eyebrow at us. I laughed awkwardly and bit my lip as I tried not be awkward around her.

She stared at me intently and smile once again. "You're cute." She blurted as I looked up at her. I'm sure that my face was already crimson.

"Oh, my gosh, you're blushing!" I heard my best friend said out loud and laughed. This time I stepped unto her foot and she groaned once again. I heard Lauren chuckled, and gosh, her laugh was the most beautiful sound I'd ever heard, hearing her laugh was like a music unto my ears.

"Enough, children." She said as she tried to sound like a mother. "Let's get inside, we don't have to wait 'em long." And with that, Lauren, Dinah, and I entered the Parazza.

We instantly searched the girls until Lauren spotted them sitting on the right corner. She unexpectedly grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the direction where the girls was sitting and I immediately held Dinah's hand with my other hand.

"Hi, girls!" Lauren greeted to the girls.

"Hey, y'all!" Ally said as Normani waved us.

"Um, guys, I gotta go grab some lunch." Dinah announced as she gestured with her thumb, pointing at the back where the counter was.

"Me too." I said and I hitched as I felt Lauren snaked her arms with mine.

"Me three." She said grinning and I could see her glanced at me at the corner of my eye. I gulped as we walked towards the counter.

She let go of my arm and I sighed as I could finally breath, because everytime she did like that, my heart thumping hard, making me couldn't breath. Dinah took a tray and I did the same and Lauren as well. We stayed silently as we busy searching and grabbing some food at the counter. I gasped when I saw a lots of delicious food that displayed on the counter. I grabbed some burger and put it on my tray, next was french fries, then 5 slices of pizza with different kinds of flavors. I gasped once again when I saw a banana shake.