Rules Were Made To Be Broken.

A/N Only thing I have to say is that when I say science fiction, I mean futuristic, not star wars. Just had to say. ;) Enjoy.

PROLOGUE

When I first saw the wanted posters, I was slightly disappointed.

After joining a rebellion, engaging in open acts of warfare, and being a huge nuisance to the government, you would have thought that I would be worth a little bit more than the one thousand dollars they were offering.

But then again, I wasn’t the biggest ‘criminal’ out there, and nor was I the worst.

After the last war, things had changed for humanity. Both sides had agreed that if this was continued human life on Earth would cease to exist. But Earth was a nuclear wasteland, so in order to survive they built new cities from the ashes of the old, and as their knowledge grew, so did the darkness in their hearts. Eventually the cities grew into sprawling areas of complete cleanliness, encompassed in the great walls that surrounded them, shielding them from the sickness and death that waited on the outside. The cities were great domes of clear plastic, filled with buildings of metal, and roads made of steel. It was a great feat of mankind, but even in this supposedly peaceful time the human race hadn’t gotten rid of the skeletons in the closet.

How did they maintain these amazing cities, you might be wondering? The answer is simple: They didn’t. We did.

The poor, and those who chose to live outside the great walls, were captured as slaves, their homes bombed to the ground. Given an ultimatum, they were forced to choose: Slavery, or death. Sent to work in factories, homes of the wealthy, or the city itself, they were the eerily silent workers who tended to the maintenance of the sprawling metropolis.

The Rebellion was a group that was rebelling against the GPC, the Global Peace Corporation – who were the rulers of the cities – and against the slavery that the GPC was encouraging. They were waging a war that had been going on since the first city had been built, and the first slaves had been taken.

I was one of the poor who had to choose between these choices. Our village was bombed, and all the survivors were taken as slaves. We had been taken to the coast, which was a major trading port in slavery. Luckily for me, I was “bought” by a Rebellion member, who set me free. I decided to join the Rebellion after that. Many of the Rebellion members were taken prisoner over time as we clashed with the cities’ main armies. The people had been led to believe that we were dead, killed in the last waves of bombing and disease. They were wrong. For four years I had lain in this crypt, the one place that I truly believed would bring my life to an end.

You see, the governments didn’t know what to do with me. I still didn’t know if anyone else was left alive. I didn’t want to consider that they might be dead. I was technically a prisoner of war, but to the world I was dead and gone. Today was the last time I would ever try to escape. It wasn’t worth it, not when there was no-one waiting out there, not if they were all … dead. Which, if the GPC had its way, they would be.

I suppose my life isn’t really that average. Not anymore.

But hey, No-one said it’s meant to be easy. No-one was dead wrong.

~TRAILER ON THE SIDE WAS MADE BY ultimate you THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!~