Freak

--Alex's POV--

Dear Harry,

I'm going out for a while. Please don't worry about me and/or try to find me. I'm not running away, but I can't tell where I'm going.

Love, Alex

I tape the small note to my mirror and grab my back pack. I pack a couple of outfits and put on my fake teeth and contacts.

"Well, here goes nothing." I fly out my window.

I fly above the tree tops trying to remember where Calum took me. I recognize a small creek and follow it. When I know I'm close I decide I should start walking. I then find two trees, this is where the gate should be. I put my had forward and I touch something. It's some kind of force field. After I touch it, it lights up.

"This wasn't here when Calum brought me." I mumble.

I shrug my shoulder and crawl through the hole. Then I see the gate. There's no key or anything so I just open it. I'm in the same spot I was when I first got here. I quickly run to the sidewalk before anyone sees me.

As I walk along the sidewalk I try to remember where she works. It's been almost seven years. I'm lost in thought when I bump into something.

"Watch where you're going freak!" I high pitch voice squeaks.

"I'm sorry, I just-" I pause looking up.

"What are you staring at?" She looks disgusted.

"Sophie? Is that you?" I ask standing up.

"How do you- Alex?" Her eyes widen.

"Wow, um yeah. That's me." I nervously smile.

"I thought you where dead? You're dad came to school and he-"

"Wait? My dad?" I cut her off.

"Yeah after you went missing he gave a speech at school about drinking." She says.

"Do you know where he is?" I ask.

"He works at some place down town to help people get sober." She says.

"Thank you." I say rushing off.

"Wait, Alex!" Sophie calls.

"Yeah?" I turn around.

"I'm glad you're not dead." She smiles and I smile back.

That was a complete lie, Sophie and I have never liked each other. But, maybe she's changed. I decide to shrug it off and head Downtown.

*

I'm standing in front of a building. It's called,

Forget it

This must be it. I walk in the door of the big building. The lady at the front desk smiles.

"How may I help you?" She asks.

"Hi, I'm looking for Mike Sivan." I say.

"Just one moment." She holds up a finger. "Mr. Sivan? Someone is here to see you." She hangs up the phone.

"First door on the left, second floor." She smiles.

I head to the elevator and get a few glares. I don't know why. I stand at the door and hesitate to knock. I hold my shaky hand up to the door.

"Come in." A voice says as I knock.

I walk in and he looks up at me and says hello. I mutter a 'hi' back and then, silence.

"Look kid," he speaks up, "If you need something tell me, if not-"

"I'm your daughter." I cut him off.

"Excuse me?" He cocks an eyebrow.

"It's me...Alex." I smile.

He gets up from the desk and stares at me for a minute. He wraps me in a hug and begins to sob.

"Alex, it's really you." He let's go.

"Yeah, and I came to tell you something." I fiddle with my thumbs.

"What's that?" He asks.

"I c-came here, to say goodbye." I say.

"What do you mean? Where have you been?" He's confused.

"I can't explain, but I need to say goodbye to mom. Do you know where she lives?" I ask.

"Your mom left me," he looks down, "but I do." He says.

"Could you take me there?" I ask.

"Yes of course." He smiles.

"Thanks dad." I smile back

*

"This is it." He sighs.

"Thanks again, and it was good to see you." I hug him.

"I love you." He whispers in my ear.

I pause for a minute. I haven't heard those words in forever. I don't think he's ever said that to me.

"I-I love you to." I break away.

"Goodbye Alex." He says.

"Goodbye dad." I close the door and watch him drive away.

I walk up to the door and knock on the door. I hear shuffling then a man opens the door.

"Hello? Can I help you?"

_________________

VOTE

COMMENT&

SHARE:))