The boy who was no longer Doctor

"Yes, that was fake. But this one is not, I can assure you."

      Vince Snowfields had arrived back with no one noticing. He still had the real chain hanging in one hand, already unplugged, and boasting the transparent blade. I saw it once, when I opened it myself at the staircase, long time ago... but now it seems brighter and smaller, and thinner, it is merely a sheet of paper!

Vince did the same thing as Damon. He charged a gun with the blade, and stretched his muscled arm toward Gene.

•••
▫️▫️▫️

     Oliver's POV

     We heard a boom, and Gene fell. But differently from Bridgette, this time the bullet would work.

      How could I let this happen?

      "Vince." I hissed.

"What" he hissed back. But my fist was already making the way to his face. I punched him ruthless, making my knuckles hurt. Vince wobbled back, covering his nose.

      "Putrid."

      I swirled away from a blow and craved my knee in him, every inch of me stinging to see blood. His blood.

      No one cared if his family was lost. Mine was too.

      I hit his jaw.

      No one cared if he had spent 4 years trapped in a coma. I had too.

      Another punch.

      His real name was Vincent.

He pounced toward my face, I deviate it.

      Please- Vincent said- please let me show it to my friends, mommy!

      I got to his neck, pulling it down.

      No, Vincent. Mom said- you are not allowed to show your powers no anybody, remember that. - She left the room to make us some chocolate.

      One last thrust, and Vince fell by my feet.

      Hey, Oliver, you know what? I will show them anyways. And this stays between us, so shh!

      I hate what he did to himself.

      "Oliver- ugh- coff!" He spat blood onto the snow. "I... feel sorry for you."

      Sorry for me?

     "Should I be feeling sorry for you too?"

     "You must understand..."

     "Shut up, Vince! Shut up or I will take that bullet out of Gene and put it in YOU!"

     I glanced over Gene's body a few feet from us. He was so small. Right beside, Castle had accommodated Bridgette's head on his lap. Still didn't know how much the fake chain had damaged her.

But what called my attention the most was Angel's expression. Something was very wrong inside her little mind...

▫️▫️▫️
•••