Day 14| and we meet again

Day 14| Part IV

"Angelina... and we meet again? Missed your screams"

I could see his fake smile from the dark.

"DON'T YOU DARE TALKING TO HER, IDIOT!!!" Sebastian shouted.

"Guys? Make him shut up."

Four men came from the darkness and hit Sebastian down- while two more appeared from nowhere to clench me against a chair. They've gotten a rope and began to imobilize my body part by part, not caring how much I screamed and kicked their hands off.

       One turn down, one up, twist, turn again and a knot between palms. This way the more I try to escape... more it tightens.

My throat burned as well as my wrists and ankles, pressed by Damon's scratchy ropes.

"Little girl... where is my chain?" His voice spoke calmly. I groaned and turned my head to the spot I saw Sebastian last. He was in a chair too, his nose bleeding, and his stupid tongue working as always:

"Only if you tell us the reason of this obsession with Angelina's chain."

Damon's face went darker. "It is not hers. Now keep your mouth closed while your friend tells me where it is."

"She won't."

I thought Damon would close his hands around Sebastian's neck and kill him in front of me. But instead he took a long, clean-minded breath.

"You never give up, right, Sebastard? But I think your question will make your girlfriend see this actually has a reason- The chain you hide from me is the only thing capable of saving these poor people you've just met. That's why they are helping me with this ambush." He smiled fake-friendly to the men around. "You think the monk was just searching for free food? And the guards over there, just let you pass because you said you were Arians? And my transformation- brilliant, hu?- Frederic there can switch people's bodies for a limited time."

"You are lying."

"Wish I were- Now give me the chain." Damon turned to me.

I don't know why I did that, my mind wasn't working properly: I shook my head no.

       He spent some minutes studying my face with his creepy eyes that I knew- were brown.

      Then he went out of patience. He walked heavily toward my chair and rose me into the air. I screamed, shaking my legs vainly while he walked us across the room, down a flight of stairs, to the subway tunnel.

"You did it to yourself." He put my chair in the middle of the trial. "You should know I don't like killing cowards. It just deserves my attention who is brave enough to face me. The weak ones, like you, I always leave. It's a matter of dignity... so it is not me who will kill you, but the train that is going to pass here. And guess what? Your death won't stop me from getting the chain. I think it's fair to take out all your clothes and see what you hide in each fold of your pants after you knock down."

The temperature in there dropped instantly. My blood went colder than a lizard's- because lizards are small, filthy and chicken-hearted; I went gooey like a lizard, I went yellow like them. That's exactly what I was. A putrid lizard.

The chain was somewhere I thought Damon would never put a finger on, but I was wrong. And he was right. The only thing I was sure was that Damon was bad and he would do bad things with the chain- whatever they were. And I had no way out now besides surrender.