3 days left| O. Snowfields

3 days left

End of Angelina's POV

"Snow, we found her."

"What?" I pushed Aleksei out of my way. "TAKE HER OUT!"

They crouched by Angelina's body to remove the lots of plaster blocks above. Their indolent progress made me snort and I turned to the sun coming from the hole we had opened on the wall. Close your eyes. Exhale.

"Didn't anyone find Castle yet?"

"No" Aleksei said. There was an urge on his voice to pronounce the word no as net, the way Russians do.

We stayed in silence with the sound of the digging on the background. My body was beginning to heat. I turned to see which level of luck I was in.

Angel had blood across the face and her legs were still under wrecks. Aleksei touched the side of her throat and glanced up at me. I told everyone to stand up and squatted to measure her pressure myself; but as soon I took her wrists a white cloth fell from her fist. My eyes narrowed. It was a shirt. The shirt I'd bought in Vegas.

▫️▫️▫️

People watched as I walked across the hall to Gene's Second (of whom some called P.A., or personal assistant).

"Where are the prisoners?" I leaned in with both fists clenched on the table.

"Sent back to the prison" She looked up from whatever she was doing. Her eyes pierced mine. "Want me to take you there?"

"No, thanks"

"are you sure?" She slowly caressed her button lip with her tongue, making the meat there glows.

"Bridgette..." I looked around to see if anyone was staring.

"Don't worry, they are too busy with their own problems."

My eyes went back to her mouth. Sigh. "I will wait for you today."

"I am already there."

▫️▫️▫️

Zarina spat on the floor. "You mad! I will never tell!"

I sank more 5 centimeters onto the chair I had placed in front of her cell. My head was exploding but the nerves needed to be kept down or that qwoman would never talk.

"Zarina, tell me where they went and I will free you."

"They be back to the future! You mad!"

"How many times I will have to say I am not mad?"

She widened those threatening eyes. "Angelina be alive if you had not shoot me. You mad."

"Angelina is alive." I corrected her. "Sebastian is going to heal her as soon as we find him. And if you stop to think, you were the one who cut the pipes so technically you are the responsible for her trauma."

Zarina didn't blink this time. Her mind was certainly working. I recomposed my posture.

"You own us some answers."

▫️▫️▫️

I was giving the first step out of the elevator when my pocket began buzzing. Breath in... breath out...

It was Aleksei.

"Hey"

"Allo, where are you?"

"Stop with this Russian words, Alek. You work in my town." I said, pressing my thump against the door's locker. "I'm getting to my room and won't go down see what you've done wrong."

"I do not say things in Russian and did nothing wrong."

I rolled my eyes. Aleksei was a beetle-head. I closed the door with my feet and stopped in the middle of the room. There was vapor coming from the bathroom.

"Okay, Alek, what do you want?" I sat in the edge of the bed. The bathroom door openened and she walked toward me in her towels.

"We found him."

"Oh, great-"

Bridgette crawled onto the bed to stand behind me. Her fingers started massaging my shoulders.

       "-Is he fine?"

"Yes. But he does not want to see Angelina, he says he is not allowed to cure her, and he is suffering, he just wants to stay alone, we do not know what to do with him, I mean, should we arestovat' him?- I MEAN- should we arrest him?"

"Of course not, he's one of us." I felt Bridgette leaning her body on my back. She showed me the towel before tossing it on the floor. I closed my eyes.

"Okay, Alek. Tell him that he WILL cure her. It's already written on the stars" I said.

Aleksei continued to talk bullshit while Bridgette kissed the soft part of my neck under my ear, her nails scratching the button of my shirt.

"Urrhh, man, okay, do whatever you ww-want... We can discuss it later, uh... I'm busy, bye." I threw the phone somewhere, pushed her off my back and got on top of her. She screamed.

"You little demon"