Day 13| Sick bay

Day 13

       "Good morning Arians! It's me, Dave, speaking directly from Gene's chair... Well, we've been receiving a lot of messages and calls and even letters asking what happened yesterday night. So I'm here with today's report. Wait. Let me find the report. Man... I made it by myselfjust one minute guys."

       A magnet hiss vibrated from my ears to my brain and soon an unwelcome brightness hit my eyelids, making my vision red. I grimaced.

       "Okay, back again! Here we go: Peter Filthy, 22, type Teleportation, has escaped Oxygen security rooms like a few days ago. No panic; we are after him, and you know how responsible and awesome Room 9 is for these kind of things.
       "Hmm... just a reminder that everything is going to stay the same, Filthy is not a nuclear bomb, so don't forget to attend Room 10 at 10 o'clock for our amazing Friday morning!"

        I opened my eyes. The sick bay entered in focus at once, and so all memories from the day before. Peter, Damon, Mom, Sebastian... the exhaustion... the cold. I was still feeling the air cutting the tip of my nose, and it was difficult to inhale. But only to inhale. Because when I exhaled the air suddenly passed from sharp to warm, and I felt hot. My insides were hot. And it came from my spine.

I tried to take a deeper breath, but my lungs had no space to expand. That's when I felt Sebastian's arm over my ribs; his lazy hand hanging on my belly, giving it slight brushes in every sigh. I screamed almost by instinct and we both got up at once; knocking our heads in midway.

      "Ouch!" The space finally became zero and I fell down on my button.

        "Hahaha are you okay?!" He peeked from the edge of the sofa.

        "Not really..." I massaged my butt. "Ouch"

        His smile went wider. "Sorry"

"That's okay"

        BAM! We heard the doors being brutally opened. Mrs Yon, the lady from my Capability Test, walked in. We impulsively got to our feet, almost knocking our heads again. I felt like exchanging eyes with Sebastian, but soon my thoughts would be completely lost. Mrs Yon was accompanied, and by nobody but Oliver Snowfields.

        He was wearing a jeans jacket, from which the sleeves were cut out, boasting his arms bare of any imperfection.  A silver triangle was shinning in the middle of his abdomen, hung by a long necklace, and there was a glove full of thorns in one of his hands. I watched as he stopped by Mrs Yon's side and extended his hand (the gloved one). She waved a finger and two syringes appeared on his extended palm. He walked towards the hospital beds with one of the syringes dancing between his fingers.

        The needle pierced my mother's skin and a yellowish substance disappeared through her body. "Your mother is pretty, Angel."

       "Hey, Snowfields, and how come you are here to take care of them just now? Where were you yesterday?" Sebastian impatiently slithered a hand through his forehead to remove a lock of hair of his eyes. He had stolen the exact words from my mouth. Kind of.

        Oliver shrugged. "I am not even supposed to be here. Mrs Yon and I bumped into the hall and she asked if I couldn't help with the vaccines, as the nurses seem to have disappeared..." His robust shoulders were working so masterly pressing Sir's vein before shooting it took me some time to process the disappearance of people. "...They say Damon Collins has threatened them to get the pills for your parents. But in fact, before bumping into Mrs Yon I was looking for Angelina Firenze."

       Pause. Oliver then called Sebastian (whom he referred to as "Castle"), and thanked him for taking care of the new girl. Then he indicated the door so Sebastian could go. Basically he was saying "thanks for your service, you are dismissed".  

       I felt a poke in my stomach. Sebastian raised an eyebrow, ready to argue, but something changed his mind. He pressed the piercing with force this time, and took a look at me before turning away. In his face I could see a tree. It's leaves were moving, not with breeze, but with wind, and it was fantastic.

      I blinked, and he had already dropped out of view — swallowed by infinite halls — and this is when the pokes went unbearable. Unbearable, too, was Oliver's presence and the so-called authority he thought he had. Even if Oliver was the president of the world, he couldn't... Ah, fuck it!

    I started running towards the exit without looking back. My head was spinning so fast I thought I wouldn't make it, because everything felt wrong. My legs broke off just in time before hitting a wall; and I turned to the direction he had disappeared and ran again, stopping at the bottom of the steps. Quickly, I rushed downstairs to tell him something.

       "Sebastian!" I yelled as if I had found a treasure but wouldn't want to admit.

        "Angelina?" He asked turning back to face me with both of his hands inside his pockets.

       "Are you going to take me to the Soup House again?"

       "Well, would you like me to?" He asked smiling smoothly but wide enough to make his piercing look extremely cute.

       I stayed there squeezing the handrail.

"Don't forget to eat." He winked and continued walking.