Day 4| The toys

Day 4

BrrrBrrr!.......... brrrbrrr! ........... brrrbrrrr! ...........

        I woke up with the ring of my cellphone. The locked screen was saying it was 7AM in the morning. And it was a Sunday. Why the hell someone was calling me on a Sunday morning?!

       "Hello?" I moaned.

       "Angel?"

       That voice...

       "OLIVER?! Wha-wha...?"

       "Hey there! Sorry if I woke you up. Just calling to say I am not going to stay in town much longer. And I want to see you before my flight-" He paused "...because I need to tell you something."

      How had he gotten my NUMBER? What he was SAYING?? "NEED TO TELL ME WHAT?!?"

       "My place at 3."

       And he left. I stayed there listening the bipbipbipbip for almost an hour. When I went back to the screen the location was beeping there, from an unknown contact, and it was a big combination of random numbers, and it made me stare at it with nothing in the head except air.

       The location he had sent leaded me to the neighborhood near my aunt's, which was near the hill we had kissed. I left my bedroom to then step in front of his door, and it was like time hadn't passed in this meantime. Even the wind swirled around strangely, and I had never stopped to think about how the wind used to swirl anyways, and there was a bird waiting on a tree.

Sigh.

Again. Sigh.

       Oliver opened the door. He was wearing a dark blouse that seemed to be blue, fitted perfectly around his body. Gorgeous today, and even more beautiful. Something in the air said he lived there alone with no furniture. The house was completely empty except for a red sofa and a shelf with a Barbie doll standing right in the middle of it. I gulped.

       Something wrong is not right, Angelina.

       I was about to run away but he was faster, asking me to sit first, then sit himself. I could see the way he was calm, and it frightened me.

"Let's go straight to the point. Angel, do you believe in evolution?"

       Suddenly, series of thoughts passed through my mind: dinosaurs, cavemen, monkeys, and a man named Darwin and his ship.

  I nodded.

He glimpsed briefly at my cellphone, then turned his eyes to me again "Great. And if I say Homo sapiens, that are the common humans, are already an inferior race? That right now, new babies are being born with something more in their DNA?"

      That conversation was getting weird. I squeezed my phone, wishing it to be a portal to somewhere out of there... Oliver gave another look at it, and I lowered my eyes at it too, wondering what was wrong. And then the thing happened. My cellphone became cold, and out of a sudden a layer of ice started surrounding everything. I saw crystals forming and gluing at each other, like drops of water, throughout the entire device, and I realized my hands were literally freezing.

        I let go a scream, my cellphone fell, and I jumped from the sofa leaving a big distance between me and... and....

        Oliver was still there, looking at me with the same superiority expression he used at school in the first day.

       "It's a gift." He said smoothly.