Never underestimate your power

Angelina's POV

I didn't know what was happening back there with Oliver, but whatever he'd done, it saved us all. Now that the wind was gone I could watch the landscape from where I passed. And it was impressively cool. Someone would think the winter itself had exploded in some corner and all frost hit the trees sideways. The ice stalactites, instead of pointing down, had their thorns pointing forward, to the direction I was going. They showed that I finally seemed to be following my destiny...

Okay, that was terrible, sorry.

But something very funny was happening as I passed by. Arians- from Damon's side and from my side- trembling from fist to toe, helping one another to free themselves from the accumulated snow at some places, using their knifes to cut bigger thorns, and yelling warnings and help requests. We are, after all, big stupid humans.

I glimpsed at the maple's orange leaves over the green from other trees. A feeling of nostalgia hit my heart and I almost fell over an elf. I would give everything to be back some hours, under those leaves. Hearing Sebastian say he would protect me. Saying we were going to be fine. And I felt myself into his hug again. Now I don't even know if he is alive.

There was a monster eating my brain, it made time and space duplicate its weight.

After 28 years, I arrived. And was taken aback by what I saw.

"SEBASTIAN!"

He was between Damon's chest and arms, being merciless and relentless suffocated, his eyes were shut and his skin red with accumulated blood on the face.

"What are those things?!" Someone said. And I turned to see Vince Snowfields on the other side turning a gun to my elves. I gulped, haven't seen him in there, and that's when I realized the scene I had just broken into. Damon suffocating Sebastian, Vince with a gun raised to them, and the chain hung around one wrist. His Snowfields nose pink and bothered by the cold. That was kind of cute, ignoring the fact that he was now looking at me with those eyes hard as stones.

"Look! Our girlfriend just arrived!" Damon beamed. "She came to see what you will choose, Vince." He said, and somehow tightened Sebastian even more. He groaned and his face was becoming green.

Vince told Damon not to move a damn muscle and turned the gun to them again, as to make it clearer.

      "The chain... or HIM..." Damon continued smiling. That smile. That evil and terrible smile. That was not a smile. That was not cool. He was acid. He hurt people. He was hurting Sebastian.

"NHÉÉÉÉ!!!"

       When I saw, a dozen of elves were running stupidly towards Damon with their fists in the air. They jumped and scratched and yelled nhéééé while Sebastian freed himself from Damon's arms. He ran to me not caring if Vince still had a gun. Sebastian was injured, there was a cut on his lips and his left eye couldn't barely stay open, it was half closed, redden and shiny with sweat as the rest of his face. Even his hair was gummy.

Oh, Sebastian...

He forced a little smile to show he was okay. Yes, he would be completely healed after some more minutes, counting from now. I just wonder what happened to him while we were separated...

"HAHAHA! Bizarre!" Vince's laugh suddenly made him present. "You weren't counting with the elves's revenge, hu, Damon? I should've brought some too, I've heard elves are good sniffers- and I still need to find a little someone, right?"

Vince raised the chain to his mouth, kissed it, and disappeared behind the same oak Oliver was hidden earlier.

•••
▫️▫️▫️

Oliver's POV

"Angelina... my grandmother's elves..."

"Bridgette." I pushed her shoulders slightly to the side so I could see what the blizzard had done to the red eyed rebel. "I... um..!"

She also turned. And gasped.

We were being faced by a popsicle in form of a rebel. The cannon had turned into a sword again, frozen behind layers and layers of ice.

I smiled.

"Very proud of yourself, right now, Snow?" Bridgette said sarcastically.

"Yes, I am."

She rolled her eyes, but there was some trace of great respect hidden in it.

  I remembered the rebel who was still there playing statue. "Hey, girl, did you see a guy about my age, big, that looks more like a fat tomato?"

      Her lips pressed against each other tightly, demonstrating the typical holder of laughter. She pointed at my right, and, right there, was another popsicle.

      "Aleksei Novgorod... you look great." I approached him, patting his surface, and felt the ice melting with my touch.

     "I-I-I am go-going to kkill you"

     "You are welcome. And girl? have you seen a boy about 10 old wearing a suit and surrounded by guards?"

      She nodded again, giggling slightly.

      "WHERE?" Alek seemed to blank the cold over.

      The girl bit her lips again, probably not so sure if she should help the opposite team or not. But then there was a sigh.

      "Near the big fountain, that way."

     "Thanks."

      We heard gunshots over the trees, coming from the entrance door.

      "Okay. Bridgette and the girl are going to the fountain. Take Gene safely to the exit over there, where Aleksei and I are going to be waiting. Heard those gunshots? We will be opening the space. Team A?"

The girl gave the firmest nod she could afford, her forehead lined with little wrinkles of determination. Alek tapped my back. "You are awesome, brat."

"Whatever, team B. Get going."

     And I rummaged in my jacket, looking for a thing that might be more than necessary when we get there.