Day 2| The snow

Day 2

       Greggy was waiting for me as always. He grinned when saw me, and for the fist time, I kind of grinned back.

•••

       The day before, my throat instantaneously let out a huge scream after what seemed to be William's voice inside my heart. I freaked out. And soon, loud footsteps were coming from outside the room. Mom.

       "Honey are you okay?? Are you dying?"

      Dying, mom? Yeah I think she was kinda right, actually... But and if William Gray was not my imagination? And if he was real? He would be the first thing mom would see when opening that door!

       Under the bed? no space. In the wardrobe? Impossible. Under the desk?

       2 more seconds of panic. And he was there looking at me like an idiot.

       "Do something, William!!"

       "What can I do??"

       "Disappear!" I shouted with all my night. And it worked. William Gray was not there anymore. No time for second thoughts, mom opened the door (that was not locked, I lied to him of course).

       "Angelina?"

      I turned to her in a jump. "H-headache".

       "Hm? I heard you screaming and then yelling something like 'shashapear'..."

       "Yeah I- I was talking with Greggy"

       Why wasn't she going away? GO AWAY!

        She spent more 10 seconds examining my face. "Why one of your toys is dropped on the floor?"

       Lego William was lied there, like a little lost freaking toy, waiting to be found by his little freaking owner. I reached down, and closed my hand around him, wishing I could just stop living.

•••

       "Hey you are smiling..." Greggy murmured as if my smile was an aurora borealis in California. Greggy's face was so funny I wanted to laugh, but it would surprise him even more and he could have a heart attack. I didn't hate Greggy, he was funny. Wanted to give him a chance to be my friend, for real now.

We stayed some time in silence. Probably he was thinking what the hell had happened to me... but I, in the other hand, was with another thing in mind: I was dying to see Mr Unknown. Because just after him, my day became a REAL REAL mess. I was sure he had cursed me somehow.

And I left Greggy standing there, and went looking for Mr Unknown, in all the halls, classrooms, and at every corner of the refectory. He was nowhere. He disappeared, where was him??

        There were some girls talking under a tree near me. I knew who they were, as everyone there did, and I also knew they could perfectly give Mr Unknown's whole address if someone asked. They knew everything, since math equations to alcohol flavors.

         Pretending to read a dirty paper I've found inside my pockets I slowly got closer enough to listen what each one of them had to say. Mary Duddely (the tallest of all, weird way of expressing herself) seemed to be crying over Belle Viann's shoulder because of her crush Patrick who stopped talking to her. Poor Mary.

         "Get over him, Mary!"

          "Yes, Mary!"

         "Kick his balls, Mary!"