56. The truth

Suresh smirked at his son. He never thought his son would catch him. But his pride said he wasn't caught. Not yet.

"Arjun, forget about the girl. I will get you a beautiful wife" suresh tried to bribe his son.

"I should have guessed it before. What would you do with these?" Arjun asked. He thought to confuse the ghost. Not really think he was behind everything. But what can he do? So gopal wasn't the only person to be kept in jail. Even his father has the share.

"My sister's dream will be fulfilled today. She's going to have her happy family today" suresh said happily. Arjun felt wrong by his looks. What is he planning to do?

"You don't get it. do you? Gopal has been my best friend. He should have been my brother in law. But in my haste I got him married. My sister wanted him. She never asked me anything except him. She wanted a good person like him. She wanted him because he cares for her. He never thought of her in a wrong way. He had won her heart" suresh explained. Arjun felt stupid to doubt gopal. He thought samyuktha is vinamra's daughter.

"After vinnu killed that boy, my father covered the murder to save vinnu. Gopal knows that nandana and her are very close. He used to ask many times why nandana wasn't with her. So we said she died....

"The boy killed her. He was stalking her since few months" suresh explained.

"It must be hard for vinamra"  gopal spoke in sympathy. Vinamra heard him and started to act depressed whenever gopal comes. Her parents watched her behaviour closely.

Vinamra acted too much that gopal felt she needed time to recover. But vinamra wants him. So suresh tried to hurry his best friend for the marriage. One day gopal with his mother to talk about the engagement......

Vinamra sat on her bed and cried to make gopal feel that he should take special care of her. Since gopal was thinking if it's better for her to take treatment,  he told his opinion.

"Uncle I know what you are thinking. You wanted her to be diverted from the tragedy. But I think it's not the right time. Vinamra will feel more lonely in her house"

"We would see her regularly gopi" suresh tried to convince his best friend.

"It would be different suresh. I am not saying I won't marry her. I am saying I want to marry her when she's happy. Not when she's grieving. I want to take her to my house when she's ready to marry. When she's ready to share her life with a stranger" gopal said.

Suresh and his parents thought for a while. He was right but vinamra wants this marriage. She was acting for this marriage.

"Why don't you talk with her gopal. We have given her hopes that she will be happy with you" suresh's father said. Suresh took him to vinamra's room.

She was lying on the bed looking like a patient. It hurted gopal's heart. He can't forcefully take her with him when she's unhappy.

"Vinamra?" Gopal called her. She looked at him with teary eyes.

"I think it's better for us if we postpone our engagement" gopal said.

"Are you leaving me for some girl? " vinamra asked unable to think he likes nandana.

"I will never leave my wife vinamra. But I want you to forget the past. I want you to stop grieving for your friend. Look at you, you are getting weak day by day. I want to see you smiling when I tie the bond. It's a lifelong memory. I want to remember you as happy bride till I die" gopal said. Vinamra loved him and so agreed to him.