8. The realisation

To my dismay, the officer who came to the scene was CI jagadish, with a half smile as if he found the culprit.......me. I know he thinks I have almost killed Samyuktha and admitted to the hospital just to look innocent. My shock over doctor's death is now replaced by anger. I will hit him if it convinces him I am not guilty.

"Are you alright Samyuktha?" CI asked her. But she did not reply. I guess her mind is working on other issues.

"She did not move since she saw that message" I pointed out to the mirror. He looked at it but I can see he is not much interested in it.

"Many people write such things to divert the case" he said looking at me. I know exactly what he is thinking.

Samyuktha looked at him shocked. Of course she is in shock since we came here. Though she is holding my hand, I did not feel anything romantic about it. She squeezed my hand when she glanced at the body and relaxed knowing the ghost did not chop him into pieces before these stupid cops have arrived.

"Do you have any guess on who can do this? You can tell us if you suspect any person. We will definitely catch him. You don't have to worry about him" he said expecting Samyuktha will tell my name and he will arrest me immediately. Luckily I am not the person he should arrest. And I also know he can't arrest any person as this is a ghost he is dealing with.

"Why should it be a man? Why can't it be a woman's doing?" Samyuktha asked innocently. Though she is asking generally we both know it is done by a crazy woman ghost who is too excited to kill any person. Does that includes me? Damn it! So I am the next target?

"The doctor is around fourty. Though he is not young he is still strong enough to fight. It seems like he is beaten very badly. I don't think it is a woman. But I also feel it is a group's work. If you please excuse us, we have to do our work" he concluded and asked us politely to get out.

We came out. By now the pub is empty with only my friend sampath and pooja waiting for us. Nothing much is spoken when we got out. The other police officers are checking outside. Till then I did not recognise jagadish does not work in this area. How the hell he could take up the case and behave so rudely with me! I will think about him later. First I have to drop Samyuktha at her home.

.........................................................................................................................................................................

Gopal was worried at first because he has no idea where his daughter was. He had an idea that she might be in pub but last day incidents feared him. He was half sure he will get a call telling his daughter died. Samyuktha is his only child. He would have had a son after her but he died before he completed first month. After then he took extra care of his daughter.

He thought she is lucky to get married even after knowing about her curse. His friend was really great to arrange the marriage between arjun and samyuktha. For that he knew he owns a lot to his friend.

But what changed his mind was the fact his daughter was actually haunted rather being cursed. It is even more problematic than before since his daughter was attacked for the first time. That means the rules have changed. There is no chance of knowing them except that nobody was hurt like her. He thought he should be happy for that. Instead his worries are increasing.

"I think yuktha has come! " rupa got up from the sofa and peeped outside from the window. His wife argued that their daughter should have some time for herself so that she can recover from the incident. But when he asked if she is safe outside his wife also got worried. The result was both of them had nothing since seven o clock.

When he heard the foot steps he got up and saw his daughter coming towards them. He was not happy though as he expected.
"What happened yuktha? " rupa asked her daughter who is very pale. she is in deep sorrow that she did not reply.

"Dr. Harish is found dead" Arjun spoke very calmly though there is some tension within him.

"I think Samyuktha needs more care. I am sorry I can't stay here because my sister is in the car and she is so scared right now. But I will call tomorrow" there is absolutely no necessity to explain his reasons. Arjun has every right to get away from his daughter. It is their dumb luck to find a good person for his daughter.

Saying goodbye to yuktha, arjun left. He has heard several times about Arjun's cousin but it is first time to see her. She also looked pale like his daughter. He realised then this is all just a beginning and a lot is to come in future. He should some how save his daughter and many other lives.

..........................................................................................................................................................................

She is sleeping with her mother. Of course she is just lying on the bed and her mother is sleeping beside her. Her mind is playing the memories from her childhood to yesterday's night as it is 2:00 am now.

Her father is sleeping in next room because she took his place. She saw her father planning to do something. Even she also wants to do something. She has her sketch, so she can find out about her. The way the woman behaves, she believes she can find about her in any mental hospital. But the question is why she is haunted? Why she is choosen above all? She knew it sounds funny but did she do something harm directly or indirectly to the woman or it is simply because the woman is insane. There are too many questions with no answers. She has to find out about her before that insane targets arjun. She knew who the word HIM refers to. She has to put a full stop to her insanity before she is late.