50. back to kill

October 18th, 1993

You must be thinking why the date jumped to three months later. It will shock you when I tell you. Tell you about how vinamra attacked me to keep me in the hospital. Since her marriage was cancelled because of me, she decided that I can't marry my love. She said that I should not marry him because I don't deserve it. It's strange that It is hard to differentiate her behavior from the day she almost killed me. I am unable to find any difference in her. She still had her butcher knife with her to kill me.

I was in the room keeping my clothes and other things which I brought with me into the bags. When I almost finished packing I heard a sound from outside. Thinking vakul is roaming in the corridor I went out. Nobody appeared in the corridor. As I was turning back, I heard a voice. A whisper calling me.

I know it was a mistake but I thought it was vakul since he started talking and his voice is very low. I walked through the dark corridor placing my hand on the wall as support. After few minutes the voice talked to me.

"Nandana, ma very angry" seven year old vakul said cooly.

"Ma?" I said since his mother left him just few days back. He told me but I did not acknowledge him. Then suddenly I was hit on the back with a tube light. I fell down streaming in pain.

When I turned back I screamed again seeing the wild vinamra. She had that odd big smile with eyes nearly out of their place. Even in the dark her eyes scared me. But vakul not understanding what is happening became excited.

"How can you leave me nandu? We are best friends" vinamra said.

"I have come here for you. Because of you. So how can you go away?" She asked me. I moved back in fear.

"Are you running away from me dear? Why? Mommy has come for you" she said which made me panic and run.

"Janaki!" I called the nurse who works here. She is the incharge and can help me.

"Janaki please come out" vinamra cooed. I ran towards her room and saw it is locked outside.

"Open the door vinamra!" Janaki screamed. I realised vinamra came with plan. I ran from there and reached the stairs. To my shock it is too locked. I turned back and saw vinamra smirking at me.

She has cornered me. I stood taking support of the gate. She took out a belt and gave it to me. I looked at it in shock.

"Do you know how i use it?" Vinamra asked me. I shook my head. She smirked and made my palm touch all of the belt. Then suddenly she took out a pin from it and pierced it in my palm. I screamed again.

"Oh my sensitive girl, Stop screaming. I have more for you. So don't waste your voice" vinamra said. Then she pushed the pin deep into the palm making me scream more.

She then hit me on face and silenced me. She then took the belt and tried to strangle me. I did my best to escape her. She was very stronger than me and I couldn't fight her anymore.

When I was about to gove up hopes she loosened the belt and I fell on the ground.

"Because of you my husband married some other girl. Just because of you I didn't tell him that I was pregnant. Just because of you and you will go and marry your lover? You are sin to your family. You are sin to me. I should correct the sin. I have to correct you" she told me and sliced my hand.

She wasn't satisfied seeing my blood and screamed loudly. She moved here and there and took the pot. She hit me right on my head. After that I don't know what happened.