4. Samyuktha's room

Samyuktha asked the doctors to discharge her as it is her birthday today. Though the reason was different, the doctor allowed her to leave on only one condition that he will check her regularly.

She was taken to her home. She spoke nothing the whole time. After reaching her home, she went to her room. Her parents asked her not to lock the door. She wanted to close the door and cry but she obliged to not lock her door as the police came to their home to discuss about her.

Arjun called his father and demanded to know everything. His father was shocked to know his son is not in his room. His father did not answer him but asked what happened. Arjun said everything. His father then said he will come to Samyuktha's home.

In her home, the discussion went badly. Both the families are reluctant to give her diary. At first arjun was too angry at police trying to get too much involved. But he understood later it is better for him not shout at the police because he felt the attention on him though the discussion was not about him.

All were stubborn. No one is ready to step back. So the talks continued till the night. Only now instead of SI, CI sat with them who spoke patiently but with determination to solve the case.

Arjun wanted to speak with Samyuktha personally. He had too much attention. When he felt no one is bothering him, he went to Samyuktha's room. It is almost 7pm then.

Samyuktha was on bed when arjun opened the door. She looked scary at that moment. She came running to the door asking him to leave her. He did not understand her behaviour. He wanted to speak with her and entered the room even though she almost yelled at him.

"I read your diary Samyuktha"

"You have to go arjun"

"You are not cursed Samyuktha"

"I don't care. But please leave me alone"

"I think you are haunted by a ghost. Maybe if we can find out who she is and what she wants, you can get free of it"

Samyuktha is walking backwards as if she is scared. He walked towards her slowly to continue speaking with her. Her face is pale, crying for whole day and she is still crying. He wondered how she is able to cry. She did not eat anything since morning. He only had lunch but he is already weak. She had nothing and is crying endlessly.

"Please stop"

"I can help you...." arjun saw something moving behind her. The doors are closed and even she did not switch on the fan. But he saw her hair moving as if someone is breathing behind her.

"Is she behind you?" He asked. Samyuktha got stiff for a moment before a big noise caused them to close their ears. The sound is different. It is like a old woman with no teeth speaking which might be understood by others as rubbish.
A window broke after few minutes and the room got quiet. Arjun looked around to confirm it has left the room. Till then he did not see the mirror broken into pieces with something written on it with blood.

Looking at the blood, he got a doubt and searched her hands. Samyuktha's hands were covered with blood. She threw her arms over him crying. He put his hands on her back. Only shocked to see his hands covered with blood.

"Samyuktha turn around"

"No"

"You are hurt"

"No"

He asked her several times before she reluctantly turned around. He thought she was scratched but looking at it he understood the devil wrote something on her back. He turned around to call the doctor.

"Please don't leave me!"

"You should be attended by the doctor"

"She will come again!" Samyuktha cried more. So he changed his mind not to call the doctor. He made her sit on the bed and searched the room. He found a box with cotton, antiseptic and tape. He went to her and asked to remove her top.

She looked at him with wide eyes. He did not understand again why she behaved differently. Then the realisation hit him very late. He felt ashamed to ask a girl to take away her clothes. He might be her fiancé but they don't know each other and they are not even engaged. But he has to treat her. She lost a lot of blood. She is so strong to be conscious after losing blood for two times in a day.

"Just turn around and raise your top. I will just treat the wounds. I promise you I will not look at you"

She said nothing except moving her head horizontally. It is quite embarrassing to ask again. But he has no choice. He thought for a while. And the idea struck him. He asked her to lie on the bed. Though she was alarmed she obeyed him. He asked her to turn around. It took her some time to think what he is trying to do. After turning, arjun took the scissors from the box and cut her top. She did not say anything. He cleaned the blood with cotton dipped in antiseptic. He is shocked to see the world 'I will kill him' written on her back.

It must be a fresh wound as the blood is still coming out of the wounds. That devil must have written it when he entered the room. He apologised her for the pain he caused. She winced a little but finally stopped crying.

He covered the wounds with cotton and fixed them with the tape. He looked around the room to find something which might help him to find the devil. Only thing that might help him is the mirror pieces. He is afraid to get injured. Other than that, he found nothing. He got up from the bed and opened the door.

"Thank you" the voice though very low is still strong enough to assure she is alright.

"Have some sleep. I will be back"

Samyuktha slept happily. Arjun left to find her mother. He felt she is lucky but that's not enough to save her from the devil.

Author's note : 

sorry for updating late. i will make sure it never happens again.  do you have any idea about the devil? go on....try to guess. see you soon.