15. The search (part 4)

Pooja was finally able to convince her brother......that too after two days.....five days after his engagement. Her brother had been too stubborn to let her walk out of the house or to her real house. Not that he hates her being away from him but because he knew Pooja's parents never object whatever she does. Then it will be impossible to control the girl. But everything worked out now so pooja called Samyuktha.

"We are going to have an adventure!" Pooja screamed in the phone as if she is giving voice over for a ghost.

"No!" Samyuktha said it melodramatically. Arjun hit his head listening to their over dramatic conversation.

"Can I get my phone back?" Arjun asked pooja who is speaking non stop with her friend and his fiancee.

"Your balance is not zero. Can't give you" pooja said with indifference.

Arjun let out his breath to calm himself and walk to the room he and his future wife are gonna share in the future. Though the room is vacant, he knew the room will be occupied by his girl with the beautiful cherry red blush. The thoughts made him smile and forget his irritation....for not getting chance to speak with her.

..........................................................................................................................................................................

Arjun stopped the car as they reached their destination. Pooja kept her mouth shut to avoid his brother's temper. Samyuktha glanced at both of them but none opened their mouth. Pooja drived the car when they started from their homes to give the couple some privacy. It worked out well for half an hour. The couple spoke of their colleges, friends etc etc. Hearing all of it for many times before pooja got bored. She tried to elevate her moid with songs which depressed her even more. So to come out of her stupid time, she started driving in zig zag manner.

The couple warned her to stop her rash driving. Having attention from them, she still drove in same manner till she almost collided with a big truck. The near death experience made her stop the car. Arjun yelled at her. He almost slapped his sister. Luckily Samyuktha intervened. Since then the cousins are silent.

Arjun watched the surroundings while the girls followed him. The building stood in front of them is an abandoned psychiatric hospital. There was a park around the hospital but lack of care and water killed the trees. Only dried trees are seen here and there.

It is rumored that a patient had started the fire when all the staff and patients were eating in the big hall. As the doors were locked up, many died. Few barely came out alive. After the incident the place is shut down. Though the surviving staff knew who did it but nobody found the patient. Even the family members searched for her. After a year it was declared that she died in same hospital but in a different room. Now they have come here to find out about the patient. If possible.

They entered the building. It looked nothing like a hospital anymore. The interior is cold even though the sunlight is entering the building. Arjun glanced at his sister who is silent but he knew she is afraid of him. It made him feel guilty. He thought for awhile before turning to her.

"I am sorry. I was stupid to drive at high speed like a maniac" pooja did not look into his eyes but he knew she is controlling herself not to cry. He smiled being relieved as he has no reason to apologise. It's her fault afterall, not his. He is not being rude to her. He is just behaving as an adult....as her elder brother.

Watching him smile relaxed the girls. They started complaining him about his short temper. Arjun simply smiled at them as they were not accusing him. The heaviness in Pooja's chest disappeared and her mind focused on the building......'what secrets do you have for me?'.....thought pooja.