9. The search (part 1)

Gopal decided to take help of his friend, suresh. Both are discussing privately in hall. Their wives are talking about the upcoming wedding. Rupa wants to divert herself and jyothi has no idea what's going on. So jyothi spoke with enthusiasm which made rupa forget about her daughter's problem for awhile.

Arjun and pooja are in Samyuktha's room, looking at the sketch. Pooja is more interested in the issue. More like she's interested in the ghost and how she died rather than what she can do. Arjun thought to investigate about the house history. He believed some woman must have died during constructing the house or even before that. But the thought was dismissed as the house was built two years before samyuktha was born. There had been no mishaps before as far as she knew.

"Maybe a ghost from different place might be haunting you" pooja said.

"I never went to any place which is haunted till now" Samyuktha dismissed her thought.

"It can be from some where nearby. You don't have to really go there because I heard devils like children very much" arjun said brilliantly.

"I am not a baby arjun" Samyuktha retorted. It seems to her that this case can't be solved in this way.

"But she is haunting you since you are a baby. She has choosen you Samyuktha" explained arjun. That gave her a bit of confidence. It is what she needed now the most. Or else she will be hysterical trying to solve her problem.

"I will check in the net. We can find out easily" pooja is very excited.....hyper excited but other two are anxious unlike her.

They checked in the net for the haunted houses or places in the city. It overwhelmed them as there are many houses reported to have seen or been a victim to the ghosts.

"We will never ever find her!" It seems like Samyuktha's hopes are slowly leaving her.

"Of course we can! Come on. There are lots of houses with ghosts but there must be few houses which have evil spirits"

..........................................................................................................................................................................

"What if we came to wrong place? What if another ghost lives here? We will have even more problems" Samyuktha is scared to get into the house which was burned by a woman who was thought to be a devil. She has no idea why they have come here.

"This place is not haunted as far as I know. But I do believe we have to get out of this area" arjun is not scared like Samyuktha but it seems like he knew more about the place.

"Don't be a kid arjun. No evil will touch us. I have brought all holy books just in safety" said pooja after she entered the ruined house. The house is in the outskirts of the city. Most of the creepers covered the left over area. Even a big tree has grown in the middle. The area itself is creepy for Samyuktha. And coming in the night is shaking every part of her.

Pooja is leading them deeper into the house. Samyuktha has a feeling that pooja is not what she is looking but the ghost determined to torment her. The excitement, very curiosity in the girl are kinda abnormal. No human will be this much enthusiastic after knowing every thing. Also the ghost has same behaviour.

"Arjun, are you sure this is your sister?" Samyuktha asked very silently to prevent pooja/ devil from hearing their discussion.

"You are not planning to scare me right?" Arjun said very calmy though he is searching his surroundings.

"Arjun....." pooja called him in a very sweet voice. Both stopped at once. Anybody who knew her voice will fear she is not the person she appears. But what the couple did not expect was a group standing close to pooja. The group consists of five boys who are drunk. If they do something to her.....what the devil will do to them?

There is a dead silence between two sides. If pooja wasn't looking at them strangely the situation would have been different.

"Who....who are you?" One of the boys spoke bravely whose voice even if shaking killed the silence. The response he got stealed away their courage.

Pooja's maniac laughter made every one to run. Other than her, everybody ran in all directions. Arjun and samyuktha ran to the car holding hands together. He did not leave her hand till they reached the car. He turned the key only to be shocked that the car is not working. He tried a lot to start the engine.....

By the time the car started, pooja got in the car. At first she is breathing heavily. Slowly she started laughing. Arjun understood his sister. Even Samyuktha realised what she did but Pooja's acting felt completely odd for her.

"I can't believe they thought I am the ghost!"

"It is very thrilling! We have to come here again and repeat it. Hey, why can't we shoot it secretly and upload in YouTube? We can get a lot of money arjun! "

Arjun and samyuktha stopped staring at her angrily. They turned to normal positions. Arjun pressed the clutch and is about to move the gear when he heard a new voice.....

"But it is not thrilling for me"

Samyuktha got frozen. Arjun turned slowly to the back seat. Pooja is looking at the woman. It's apparent she is not at all happy now but in shock. The woman is not new for him. He saw her in the sketch Samyuktha made. The ghost is looking at all of them not angrily or scared. She is only sad.

"Next time when you people come here, make sure I find a human. It's very hard not to get anybody to eat"

Pooja's jaw dropped hearing the devil. Arjun thought to say something. He opened his mouth but spoke nothing. The car is silent. Outside the trees swayed in the wind. It is the only sound Samyuktha can hear other than her own heart beat. It is beating violently and she feared every body can hear it very clearly.

Author's note :

So how do you feel about the story? Anybody has any guess on the ghost woman? Do you think one of them will die or the ghost will show mercy on them? Go on....have some guess.....maybe you know what will happen.

See you guys soon.....