20. third date

Samyuktha and Arjun slowly walked towards her home. The light breeeze, street lights and abandoned road gave them a privacy they did not find in the lunch or in the cinema theatre. As he had only one hour he thought of taking her to the park only to find out later one of his classmate is in the park. Arjun freezed looking at the boy who used to irritate him a lot. And also he was famous in his college for flirting openly with girls who had boyfriends. He had no choice but get away from the place before that idiot finds them.

They came back to the car and out of blue Arjun thought of going to a movie.....this time a romantic movie. Samyuktha agreed though she has only one hour. The movie was good but they did not enjoy it as Arjun's another schoolmate, chetan sat next to them. The excited boy ate their brains to such an extent that they got headache by the interval and lost all the energy at the end of the movie. Other couples though left the hall with bright faces and cheerful hearts.

It got hard to find a release from chetan after having a promise that they would meet again... probably before marriage. Arjun took Samyuktha to her home with throbbing headache and heaviness in his heart. Samyuktha slept in the car out of fatigue.

As the car got near to Samyuktha's home, arjun realised he did not use his time properly. So he stopped the car saying there is no petrol. Samyuktha though knew what he is doing she acted accordingly and got out of the car to walk to her home.

Now they are walking......with their hands occasionally touching which brought sparks on their hands and raised their heartbeats in excitement.

"Look at the sky....." arjun pointed towards the sky. Samyuktha followed his hand and saw the sky filled with stars. If the lights weren't so bright the sky would have looked awesome.
Arjun got an idea to extend his time with her. Except it can't be now. Samyuktha watched the sky liking the calmness of their surroundings and also his hand wrapped around hers. It gave her slight confidence that her dreams or fear can never be true.

As they reached the house, they felt their hearts being pulled away from each other's. Their hands were not ready to leave each other. They have to and they did not like it. But it is actually funny to think they are getting seperated as they would have the bond between them get strong in few days....a bond which will give them chance to live together till the end of their lives. It is stupid to feel the temporary separation now....

......................................................

Samyuktha fell on her bed thinking about Arjun. She wanted to fast forward the days and stop on her wedding day. But she has no remote or time machine to do so. She took a deep breath and called the sleep to take over her as that would somehow lessen the lengthy time and also the unknown pain she has.

After some time she heard a loud sound which disturbed her sleep. Hating to be disturbed she covered her face with thin blanket. But the sound did not allow to sleep. So she got up to punch the person for irritating her. She opened the door only to get shocked.

"Come with me..." arjun pulled the shocked girl out of her room and also from her thoughts. She suddenly felt he is not the one she thinks. She also feared it is a dream where he would again plan to kill her.

Arjun was too excited to see Samyuktha shiver to his touch. He brought her to the terrace. She did not understand what is her future but the sky did caught her attention. It is totally occupied by the stars that she did not notice the moon amongst the stars.

 It is totally occupied by the stars that she did not notice the moon amongst the stars