[Ch. 1] Welcome

Camila POV

"It's Chelsea Briggs here, and we have the latest news with Fifth Harmony: Are the Fifth Harmony girls expecting a little one?"

"Apparently, the girls are supposed to be visiting their hometowns again. But instead of the usual meet and greet, they're going to visit a few orphanages."

I clicked off the tv. "Guys, are we seriously going to do this?"

Ally turned around on the barstool to face me. Her equally cocoa colored eyes stared intently into mine. "If you want. I thought we agreed that we weren't adopting any kids."

"We aren't," I quickly replied.

"Okay, then it's settled," Normani agreed from across the room.

My friends and I were in a pop girl group called Fifth Harmony. After shows and shows during our previous tour, we had finally agreed to have a humanity month: we would donate money to organizations and orphanages and help out a little in the community. We would also visit a few schools to educate children in the process. All of us girls were sitting around, preparing for the events we had planned for the following week. We had decided to go on an orphanage "tour" in our hometowns and their surrounding cities. We were gonna donate money to each one, sing to the kids and hopefully inspire a few of them into the musical business.

"Man, I can't wait to see some of their faces fill with joy!" Dinah said, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Me too," Lauren replied back while putting a reassuring arm around my shoulder.

_______

"Isabella Rosé Martínez, ¿has cogido mi collar ?!" my sister yelled from the staircase.
"— did you take my necklace?"

"¡No! Debes haberla dejado en la habitación de Mia!"
"No! You must've left it in Mia's room"

"Hey, hablas inglés, please!" Mia expressed. She positioned herself in my doorway with a irritated look on her face. It was because of the fact that we were yelling in Spanish again, and she couldn't understand what we were saying.

"Pero ¿y si no quiero?" I interjected back.
"But what if I don't want to?"

Mia stood with a muddled face. Instead, she just turned to my sister who was in her room. "What did she say?"

I sighed and pushed past her, shuffling over to Sofía's room.

Mia was one of my friends in the orphanage. Well...she was mostly Sofía's friend, but if you had asked me, any friend of my sister was a friend of mine. And considering the fact that this was in an orphanage where most of the kids were annoying as hell, I only considered Sofía's friends my friends. Mostly it was because the eldest kids weren't annoying.

The one thing I hated about being in the orphanage with my sister was the fact that she always felt the need to boss me around. Ever since Mom and Dad died in car crash, Sof had been different. She always felt the need to protect me from anything and everything. I mean, most of the time I didn't mind it, but sometimes it could be annoying. Yeah, I could totally see myself not dating until the age of fifty.

Here at the orphanage, Ms.Williams and Mrs.Moore were the head directors. Most of the kids' ages ranged from three to about eighteen, and there were at least fifty kids. Apparently, this was supposed to have been the largest shelter in Dallas. My sister was apart of the Teens group—teenagers between the age of sixteen and eighteen. Surprisingly, there were a lot of teens here that had not been adopted. I was apart of the Preteens, which was a pretty small group consisting of only seven other girls aged nine to fifteen.

"Are you on your period because you're act like a bitch today," my sister said rudely as soon as I lied on her bed.

"Ew! Gross! I seriously don't wanna here about that right now!"

"Hey, it's not my fault that you dislike the idea of periods and sex and...boys." She smirked on that last one, and I felt blood rush to my cheeks.

"That's it. I'm out of here," I said as I turned swiftly on my foot. I could hear her laughing on my way out.

As I was I hurrying out of Sof's room to go downstairs, I ran into Lena, the eldest girl at the shelter. She had turned out to be my bully, and she was the one person I was actually afraid of. It was because of my sister that she bullied me; they were best friends after all.

"Watch where you're going, puta!" She snarled through gritted teeth. A string of curse words soon left her mouth, and since I was too scared to reply back some snarky comment, I mumbled a "sorry" and continued down the steps. When I reached Mrs.Williams, I saw that she had an unusually cheery smile.

"Isabella, are you excited for our guests tomorrow?" She asked.

Guests? What guests? Are there more parents coming?

"Uhhh..." I tried to reply back truthfully, "I guess. Who is coming this time?"

"Haven't you heard? The girls of Fifth Harmony are coming to perform at the orphanage tomorrow."

"Ohhh..." I'd totally forgotten about them. Who wouldn't? I mean, I just had to listen to half of the girls here fangirl and gossip about it for days. I seriously didn't have a problem with Fifth Harmony, but I couldn't see why all of the girls liked them. Don't get me wrong, their hit song "Worth It" was a pretty good jam, but it was like the only song I liked listening to—not that I ever did listen to them at all.

"Ok," was all I replied.

"You know, they might try to adopt you and your sister," she told me.

I doubted that. They might've thought we were cute and all at first glance, but boy would they be wrong. My sister and I had a weird reputation there. Even though we'd been there for two years, everyone knew us as the bitchy Mexicans. I found that very racist, but it was technically true. We tended to ignore the others around us and pick arguments with each other, which was usually in Spanish. And we were technically the only ones there who spoke Spanish, and that was very helpful for when we wanted to have private conversations or make fun of the other kids without them knowing. Yeah, it was pretty rude, but who cares? We lived in Texas for crying out loud! I would remember that at my old school, at least half of the school spoke Spanish, and those who didn't, learned some of it at some point.

"Yeah, they're totally gonna adopt this crazy self of mine, along with the devil itself," I mumbled.

"Hey, language," Ms. Williams sent in a warning tone.

"Sorry Ms.Williams."
_____

A/N: Okay, so this is my new book, Sisters' Charm, Mother's Wit. I Hope you like it! Remember, don't forget to vote and comment!

Btw, I'm willing to do shoutouts/follows/dedications if you vote! *evil laughs*
–Mikayla