My Quarterback - 12

PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE BOTTOM!

JUST DO IT.

YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!

ENJOY<3

My Quarterback - 12

Ellie Nichols

I had successfully avoided him for a week now. Seven days of getting up earlier to leave for practice and being the first one out of the locker room at the end of practice. I always had my headphones in, listening to whatever was on my phone. When he came up to talk to me I would walk away or pretend to make a phone call.

It was getting pathetic, but I couldn't face him right now. That dream was clear in my head, and every time I looked at him I had an urge to kiss his lips. But I couldn't. We were best friends and it would be wrong of me to jeopardize that just because of a stupid dream.

So I have to keep up the distance.

Throughout this week I had done my very best to be out of the house when Colton was home. I kept my blinds drawn and my window locked. My roommates were the first to question my actions.

"What's wrong?" Dakota had asked me, standing in front of the door that I was trying to get out of. Mar came up behind me and stood right next to Dakota. They crossed their arms and weren't budging.

"Nothing's wrong, I just have to go." I shrugged my shoulders and tried to get around them but they didn't move.

"I know something's up though." Mar said. "You either got an embarrassing job that you don't want your friends to know about, you're dating someone we wouldn't approve of, or you're avoiding someone. So take you're pick which one."

I sighed, running through the three options through my head. They know I couldn't have a job because football takes up just about all of my time. I couldn't tell the truth about the dream and about me avoiding Colton so I picked the second option.

"Number two." I told them, hiking my bag up higher onto my shoulder and once again failing to get around them.

"You're dating someone?" They both shrieked and threw their arms around me.

"You have to tell us who he is. Is he a boy on the football team? Is he in one of your classes? Is he a teacher?" Mar asked excitedly.

"No he's not a teacher." I rolled my eyes. "And I'm not telling you who he is." I shrugged, finally getting passed them and coming to a halt.

I took a deep breathe and locked eyes with Colton. He gave me a smile and I forced one back at him. Suddenly, it became awkward and I knew my two roommates behind me could feel the tension, because they both muttered their own excuses and dashed back into the house.

"So you're dating someone?" He asked calmly, his voice thick with sleep as if he had just gotten up. "That's why you've been avoiding me isn't it?" I could see he was getting angry. "How could you let some boy get between us."

That alone made me snap, "How can you tell me that." I spoke calmly walking towards him. "You're such a hypocrite." He seemed to freeze at my words. "How could you let some girl get between us. I know about Rachel, remember you told me about her."

"I did?" He asked me. I took a seat on the rocking swing on the front porch and Colton followed suit.

"Yeah you did, and even if you didn't I've still seen the pictures in your room and on your phone. I wasn't living under a rock Colt, there was stuff about the two of you online for ever, but I chose not to believe some of it. But then I started to put two and two together and then it made sense. You started dating her about the time you stopped answering my calls."