My Quarterback - 19

So let me just say something. I can't dance to save my life. So I went to one of my friend's Sweet Sixteen birthday party last night, I had a blast don't get me wrong, but I just can't dance. I'm too white for it, especially twerking. That shit just doesn't happen with me. My butt just doesn't move like that.

ALSO! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL OF YOU MOTHERS OUT THERE. My mother is one of the best, and she encourages me to write and follow my dreams. She's not just my mother, she's one of my best friends and I love her. So Happy Mother's Day Momma! I love you<3

But anyways, I hope y'all enjoy this chapter.

My Quarterback - 19

Colton Davis

The doctors had forced me to stay overnight in the hospital, even though that was the last thing I wanted to do. My shoulder throbbed constantly even with the painkillers. I couldn't feel any pain, but the throbbing still stayed and it was more annoying than it was painful.

Most of the team had stopped by to wish me well. My parents had rushed out here when Ellie had told them I was in the hospital. And my mother was currently talking to the nurse to make sure I had enough painkillers. "I don't want my little baby in pain," Is what she told the nurse as they walked out of the room just minutes before.

Mitchell, the lineman who let the defensive player through, came by the apologize. And as much as I wanted to scream and yell at him and tell him it was his fault, because it was, I just shook my head and said it was no big deal. Ellie and I are strong believers in everything happens for a reason. I wasn't meant to play the rest of the season, and I would deal with it. Although I was extremely pissed off at the same time.

My mother came back in the room with Ellie behind her while my father had gone out to get us something to eat. "I knew playing football would get you hurt." My mother said as she took a seat next to me.

"Mom, I've been hurt before."

"But nothing this bad."

"I'll be fine mom." I told her and placed my hand over hers. My mother had always been extremely protective. I had to beg for a month before she let me play the town's league football team when I was six. And then another couple weeks of begging to get her to let me try out for the high school football team.

When my father came into the room with a couple bags of McDonald's we didn't talk about football again. My parents updated me with all the news from our old town, and continued to talk about things coming up. I was glad I was able to take my mind off the throbbing in my arm and the fact that I won't be able to play for the rest of the season.

I felt Ellie slip her hand into mine and intertwine our fingers. I looked at her, and smiled. She was perfect, and she was all mine. She would always be mine.

**

I was now seated on Ellie's bed in her room as she went to the kitchen to fetch my meds before bed. There hasn't been much to do except lay in her bed and watch endless movies. I didn't attend class today, for obvious reasons, but still I managed to find myself with an essay that had to be written and submitted in a weeks time.

I still couldn't wrap my head around not playing for the rest of the season. I had never gone more than a week without playing some kind of sport, and now I'm forced to 'take it easy' for six weeks.

"Here you go," Ellie entered the room with my meds in her hand and a water bottle in the other. She took a seat next to me as I gulped back the pills and then rested her head on my shoulder.