My Quarterback - 16

My Quarterback - 16

Ellie Nichols

Colton and I were still sat in the car when he turned to look at me. "Do we tell our parents?" He asked me.

"Do you want to tell them?" I asked him.

"I want everyone to know that we're together. But maybe we shouldn't say anything until the reception. That way my cousin can have her moment and we don't take away anything from her." He explained to me, before we got out of the car. 

I could see my parents from where we were standing and I knew that the minutes they saw me, there were going to be tears. My mother was always a crier, crying at everything. And I knew today was going to be especially cry-worthy for her. "Okay, we'll tell them at the reception."

He squeezed my hand one last time before letting go and we started walking over towards our parents. His hand brushed against mine every time our hands swung and I didn't mind. I wanted nothing but for him to take hold of my hand, but I knew we were waiting for the reception. I just had to be patient.

After my parents fussed over me and asked multiple questions about school and the football team we finally moved into the room where the ceremony would take place. As we took our seats behind our parents Colton immediately grabbed my hand. He shot me a wink and quickly placed a kiss on my cheek.

"I can't wait until I can tell the world that you're mine. Finally." He whispered in my ear just before the doors opened and the wedding song began to play, signaling the bride.

There were no words to describe just how beautiful the bride looked as she walked down the aisle. As we all stood and the bride began to walk, her eyes never left the groom's. And as I switched to look at the groom, his eyes never left the bride's.

It was a beautiful service, one in which the bride cried along with the most of the women in the room especially my mother. Throughout the ceremony, Colton's hands never left mine and even though I was trying to pay attention my eyes often found themselves peeking at Colt. He had caught me a few times, always smirking, and then he would just turn his attention towards the ceremony as if nothing happened.

When the ceremony was over and all the guests exited the church. My mother was the first to spot Colton and I. She immediately rushed towards me with her arms spread wide. She engulfed me into a big hug, "I've missed you so much."

"You just saw me before the ceremony." I told her.

"I know that, you've just been gone from home too long." She told me with tears in her eyes. "Is it silly that I just want you to come home and never leave me again."

"Yes," I told her with a smile, "but I miss you too so it's okay. I love you momma."

"I love you too." I wrapped my arms around her one last time before my father intervened.

"What about me? Don't y'all love me too?" He asked as he held out his arms just like my mother had.

"I love you too daddy."

"You better."

*

*

*

Colton and I were making our way towards the building they were having the reception in, our hands intertwining once again. "Are you sure you want to tell everyone tonight?" Colton asked me as we pulled up to the building. People were already making there way inside but Colt and I just sat in his car.