My Quarterback - 4

My Quarterback - 4

Colton Davis 

There was always a perk when it came to living next to your best friend, it was even greater when your windows were right across from each other and only an arm's length away. And it was fate that our windows were the exact same way they were today as they were when we were younger.

I was currently trying to get Ellie's attention by throwing random things I could find in my room at her window; a hairbrush I found lying in the bathroom, a few pennies on my floor, a random pen that was on my desk. Whatever I could find that would make enough noise for her to hear but not to cause any permanent damage to the window itself.

I could see her give a sigh before walking towards her window and opening it up. "What do you want Colt?" Ellie asked, she was trying her hardest to stay mad but I could see the faint smile on her lips. I knew she secretly always liked having a window parallel to mine.

"Let's go for a walk." I suggested. 

"I'm trying to do my homework." She said, she went to try to shut the window, and cut off communication, but I stuck my hand in at last moment and held it up.

"We'll go get some ice cream." I suggested and could see her debating with herself. But before she could even answer me, I said, "Meet me down at my car in five minutes." 

Without waiting for her reaction, I closed both her window and mine. I threw on a pair of fresh clothes, spraying myself with Ellie's favorite cologe she had bought me for my eighteenth birthday. I grabbed my keys and my wallet that were sitting on the counter and headed out the door.

"You're lucky I love ice cream." She said as I opened her door for her and she settled in her seat as I walked back to the drivers seat and started the car. I shot her a smile before driving off towards the closest ice cream shop.

"Trust me, I remember how much you love ice cream. You can't say no to it."  And it was true, it didn't matter how mad she was at your or how far she was in to her homework, she always had time for ice cream. And everytime she got the same thing, chocolate cookie dough. It was the one thing that could bring her out of one of her worst moods. It was the one thing I brought to her when she went through a break up, and even when she was on her period, which definitely happened more than the first one. 

"Please, I could say no to it whenever I wanted to." She told me and crossed her arms. Elle narrowed her eyes at me, and refused to look away. 

"Okay then, let's just go home." I shrugged as I slowed the car.

I turned my left blinker on, getting ready to make a U-turn when her arm came out and smacked me. "No!" She said quickly, "I mean, we're already on our way to go get it. If we don't go get ice cream now it would just be a waste of gas. So by getting ice cream we're not wasting the gas so now we have to get it." 

I laughed at her reasoning, and sped the car up. We pulled up to the ice cream place, and loved the fact that nobody seemed to come here after six in the afternoon. Ellie and I entered the small ice cream place and smiled at the older couple in the corner who were sharing some kind of ice cream. "I want to do that when I'm older." She said to me, still staring at the older couple whose held hands across the table and still continued to eat their ice cream.

"You brought someone with you this time." Maggie said as she walked over towards the booth we sat at. For the longest time I have always come here to study because the lack of people made it extremely easy. Maggie has owned this place for a long time, and always likes to keep up with what's happening with the football team and how we're doing.